Dual Enrollment in High School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runningkoyote

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am currently an upcoming senior in college, I recently did some calculations of my GPA accounting for some dual enrollment classes I did back in high school with a CC. Now I am somewhat concerned because these high school grades were not the best (GPA was 3.53). I definitely stepped it up during college and have a college GPA of 3.9, and cumulatively it would come out to around 3.85.

I was just wondering for the purposes of admissions if they do differentiate between these dual enrollment high school grades and college grades. I know that they factor into the AMCAS GPA and so will probably factor into the screening process, but what's not as clear to me is if this will hurt my chances holistically. Maybe would it factor into upward trend? I am trying to aim high with med schools so please forgive me if I am overthinking or overreacting to this.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Man I feel ya, the same thing happened to me and I have no idea p:

They will take into account the upward trend ("first" college grades from high school lower than most recent), but even if they didn't, there is no chance a 3.85 as opposed to a 3.9 will hurt you even at top schools

Reactions: 1 user