Highschool Dual Enrollment issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peanutbutterandhoney

Reaction score
Hey all, I just found out that I have to report all dual enrollment grades (even if I never submitted them to my college). I never understood dual enrollment in highschool- I was told it was just pass/fail and the grade wouldn't effect me, and that it could only help, not hurt. The year I did dual enrollment, I did it my sophomore year, and I had personal issues that year but excuses excuses. I know I can't do anything about it now.
I never submitted them for credit, and I have a 3.95ish for CGPA and 3.9ish for S. I worked my butt off in college for grades and my ecs, and I really wanted to at least have a shot for higher tiered schools... I know in general they're not likely, but hopefully this makes sense.
I received B, B+, B+ for those classes in HS, bringing my cGPA to a 3.7ish... again I know it's not the worst, but it is discouraging to see that something I did 5-6 years ago could change a lot for me.
So I guess my question is- will those highschool DE grades still have a bearing on my future/admissions process? Is there anything I can do to better this situation?
I am a junior, so I will be applying at the end of this school year. Please advise, and thank you for reading!

Members don't see this ad.

We can see which courses you did in high school and judge accordingly. It is best to ask the admissions representatives for programs you have a high interest in for better insight.

Reactions: 1 user
As you get further along, the contribution of those 3 courses will be less and less a proportion of your total GPA. You'll have at least 90 credits when you apply of which those courses will contribute about 9, right? If you wait and take a gap year, those 9 will make up only 9 of 120 or more. The impact should be very little when you are all through.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As you get further along, the contribution of those 3 courses will be less and less a proportion of your total GPA. You'll have at least 90 credits when you apply of which those courses will contribute about 9, right? If you wait and take a gap year, those 9 will make up only 9 of 120 or more. The impact should be very little when you are all through.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I think I was panicking and as a result forgot about that. Although I will not be taking a gap year, by the end of this semester I should be at a 3.91 if all goes well! I am just wondering-- would this be perceived the same/similar as something closer to the upper end of 3.9's/4.0? And my sGPA is currently a 3.94, but will end up being in the 3.8s i'm assuming. Is this also a significant difference?

I am just wondering-- would this be perceived the same/similar as something closer to the upper end of 3.9's/4.0? And my sGPA is currently a 3.94, but will end up being in the 3.8s i'm assuming. Is this also a significant difference?
None of this is going to make a difference.
The real difference will be in the strength of the rest of your application

Reactions: 1 users
None of this is going to make a difference.
The real difference will be in the strength of the rest of your application
Thank you for your response! Will keep that in mind and work on the rest of my application.

Your improvement since HS gives you an upward trend; you will be absolutely fine.

Your GPA is displayed as BCPM (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math), AO (All other) and Total in columns and HS, Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Total college, Post-bac. total for undergraduate work and then Graduate (if applicable) in rows. So, the adcom will not see a single number but an array and it will be easy to determine that you didn't do so well in college coursework in HS (you didn't think it mattered, you weren't grade conscious, it was really difficult, and/or the instruction was poor) but that you thrived in college.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. They were college courses you took as a high school student. No admissions team is going to hold getting a B in a dual enrollment course against you.