dual med student newly weds: things got a lot worse when we started school

nightowl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice on how to manage both the demands of school and marriage? I've found that we are tired, irritable, stressed, and oftentimes have very little time or energy to put in to the relationship. Any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not married yet, but I'm curious as to what's so different now (aside from any debt the wedding put you in!). It might also help others to figure out what it is that your'e going through.

-X

hello,
I just got married 4 months ago, and it seems like things have gotten really rough since I started my second year of med school. Hubbie's in his third year. They were rough from the start, but the stress seems to have put us over the edge. I never thought combining med school and marriage would be this hard. I actually thought it would make my life easier as a med student. It seems like we're having to put so much work into the marriage in addition to all of the work into school. I'm exhausted! and I'm really afraid that it's never going to get better. Anyone else dual physician/med students or have experienced this as newlyweds?

of course, things are different..your both stressed that tension is placed in yourself and then you pertray it on eachother.. talk, spend time together and try not to let it ruin the reason you got married...read my thread "who is selfish" I feel we are somewhat in the same predictament..just dont forget what made you fall in love and why you both are doing what you are doing...
Go out and do small things togeather...if you are a male..run a nice bath for her...buy her a flower...or steal one from a garden if you dont have money..lol...do anything to make the other one feel special and eventually the other will loosen up and things will start feeling smoother..if you both are stressed and agrivated of course it wont help..someone has to make the change...and if it doesnt work then good luck....!:love: