Duke DPT 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alisonsb

Reaction score
Hey y'all! Wanted to start a thread specifically for Duke DPT applicants to help each other stay informed! I know last year they send some interview invites out in late August for interviews in mid-September, so wanted to see if anyone heard anything yet?

Good luck everyone! We got this!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey thanks for starting this thread!! I had also noticed the timing of interview invites last year and have been wondering about it! I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll let you know when/if I do! When did you submit your application? Good luck to you!

Hey thanks for starting this thread!! I had also noticed the timing of interview invites last year and have been wondering about it! I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll let you know when/if I do! When did you submit your application? Good luck to you!
I submitted August 11th! Got an email from duke that my application was complete on August 15th. What about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! Wanted to start a thread specifically for Duke DPT applicants to help each other stay informed! I know last year they send some interview invites out in late August for interviews in mid-September, so wanted to see if anyone heard anything yet?

Good luck everyone! We got this!
My stats
overall gpa: 3.83
pre-req gpa: 3.6
GRE: 159 verbal, 157 quantitative, and 4.5 writing
Shadowing (1700 total hours): 1000 hours as a pt/ot aide in sub-acute rehabilitation hospital, 630 hours as rehab tech in outpatient ortho, 30 hours outpatient neuro clinic, 40 hours outpatient pediatric
Extras: clinical research assistant for two years (including gap year), pre-health peer mentor, orientation coordinator and leader, captain of club sports ultimate frisbee team, exec position in my sorority

Last edited:
I submitted August 11th! Got an email from duke that my application was complete on August 15th. What about you?
I submitted August 8 and got my confirmation email August 10, so we were about the same time!
My stats
Overall GPA: 3.74
Pre-req GPA: 3.73
GRE: 157 verb, 161 quant, 4.5 awa
Hours: about 250 total but currently working as an aide during my gap year and still taking other shadowing opportunities! Mostly outpatient ortho but about 25 pediatric/home health, 20 hours in a therapeutic school
Extras: Anatomy Lab TA for 2 years, cabinet leadership position in my sorority, 3.5 years of research lab experience, 60 hours volunteering at local food bank, involved in programs on campus, and held a couple jobs throughout college
I decided to go PT pretty last minute-ish so shadowing hours is really the only area I'm lacking - hoping this lower number doesn't affect me too much since it's clear I'm still working/getting hours!!

I submitted August 8 and got my confirmation email August 10, so we were about the same time!
My stats
Overall GPA: 3.74
Pre-req GPA: 3.73
GRE: 157 verb, 161 quant, 4.5 awa
Hours: about 250 total but currently working as an aide during my gap year and still taking other shadowing opportunities! Mostly outpatient ortho but about 25 pediatric/home health, 20 hours in a therapeutic school
Extras: Anatomy Lab TA for 2 years, cabinet leadership position in my sorority, 3.5 years of research lab experience, 60 hours volunteering at local food bank, involved in programs on campus, and held a couple jobs throughout college
I decided to go PT pretty last minute-ish so shadowing hours is really the only area I'm lacking - hoping this lower number doesn't affect me too much since it's clear I'm still working/getting hours!!
That all sounds amazing! I feel like 250 is great especially w your interest in PT being newer. With working during your gap year that number will only rise. I wish you the best of luck! Where else are you thinking of applying to?

That all sounds amazing! I feel like 250 is great especially w your interest in PT being newer. With working during your gap year that number will only rise. I wish you the best of luck! Where else are you thinking of applying to?
Thank you!! I applied to MUSC and Duke first and I'm submitting my UNC application this week. The other schools I'm looking at are UAB and Tufts-Phoenix, but I'm holding off on sending those apps until I hear about potential interviews from Duke and UNC. How about you?

Thank you!! I applied to MUSC and Duke first and I'm submitting my UNC application this week. The other schools I'm looking at are UAB and Tufts-Phoenix, but I'm holding off on sending those apps until I hear about potential interviews from Duke and UNC. How about you?
Nice! I'm from Atlanta so doing many of the schools in GA

I got an interview invitation yesterday afternoon! I'm interviewing virtually on Sept 22!

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview invitation yesterday afternoon! I'm interviewing virtually on Sept 22!

I received my interview invitation for Sept 22nd, as well, so I will see you there! Best of luck and hope it goes well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh. I think it goes in the order it was received. Besides, I just submitted mine so the wait continues!! Good luck on your interview, you got this :)

For sure. I would guess you have a couple of weeks until you receive yours! Thanks, fingers crossed! Where else are you applying to?

For sure. I would guess you have a couple of weeks until you receive yours! Thanks, fingers crossed! Where else are you applying to?
Yeah, that's what I was saying. Finger crossed for sure!! I am applying to TSU, UIC, UK, LMU and Bellarmine. You?

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Finger crossed for sure!! I am applying to TSU, UIC, UK, LMU and Bellarmine. You?

Creighton - PHX, KU, UCF, TxSt, and USAHS. Depending on Duke, UNF. I have an interview with Creighton PHX and USAHS, but UCF and TxSt aren't rolling so they haven't "started" yet. Have you heard from any of your other schools yet?

Good luck to you guys on your interview today. You all will do amazing and I am so proud of you all!!:clap::soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
My applications were marked "verified" on August 11th, and I've heard nothing back from Duke except a prompt to submit the duke-specific application fee. Anyone else in the same boat?

My applications were marked "verified" on August 11th, and I've heard nothing back from Duke except a prompt to submit the duke-specific application fee. Anyone else in the same boat?
Did you pay your application fee after the ptcas fee?

How was the interview process for those of you that interviewed already? Did they have a combination of group and individual interviews?

How was the interview process for those of you that interviewed already? Did they have a combination of group and individual interviews?
Yes! Two individual interviews and one group interview, as well as a student-led virtual tour and Q&A session. It feels really long but they give you plenty of breaks and everyone was pretty energetic, which definitely helped.

I interviewed on Friday (22nd) and got a call this morning with an acceptance!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats @cmg171604 !! I also interviewed on the 22nd and got the call this morning!

The group interview is team-based, which gives them an opportunity to evaluate you in that setting since that's one of their core values and teaching methodologies.

The two individual interviews give you and the faculty a small window to get to know each other better. They'll ask you some questions and you can do the same.

Do your Duke DPT research and be prepared for what they may ask or what you want to ask them. The whole process is as stress-free as an interview can be and everyone tried to keep it upbeat and positive.

Be yourself and do your best!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats @cmg171604 !! I also interviewed on the 22nd and got the call this morning!

The group interview is team-based, which gives them an opportunity to evaluate you in that setting since that's one of their core values and teaching methodologies.

The two individual interviews give you and the faculty a small window to get to know each other better. They'll ask you some questions and you can do the same.

Do your Duke DPT research and be prepared for what they may ask or what you want to ask them. The whole process is as stress-free as an interview can be and everyone tried to keep it upbeat and positive.

Congrats to you as well!!! I second everything you said!

I am so proud of you!!! Congrats!!!!! I knew you were going to get it

Yes! Two individual interviews and one group interview, as well as a student-led virtual tour and Q&A session. It feels really long but they give you plenty of breaks and everyone was pretty energetic, which definitely helped.

I interviewed on Friday (22nd) and got a call this morning with an acceptance!!
Congrats, I am so proud of you!

That's so awesome, I got a call yesterday afternoon too!! Congrats to you and @cmg171604 !!

Reactions: 2 users
Did you get an email saying that your application is complete?
I did! I ended up reaching out to them yesterday because I started getting nervous that I missed something - they confirmed that my application is still under review, which made me feel better. Only time will tell! Best of luck to everyone in this process - it can be nerve-racking!

I did! I ended up reaching out to them yesterday because I started getting nervous that I missed something - they confirmed that my application is still under review, which made me feel better. Only time will tell! Best of luck to everyone in this process - it can be nerve-racking!
Look at that. :)

@cmg171604 @CoachDPT13 and @skiverson I also interviewed on the 22nd and got the call Tuesday evening! have y'all gotten the email with like timeline going forward and official info yet? I haven't seen anything but am trying to figure out next steps and just wanna make sure I haven't missed anything even though I know I'm probably paranoid

@cmg171604 @CoachDPT13 and @skiverson I also interviewed on the 22nd and got the call Tuesday evening! have y'all gotten the email with like timeline going forward and official info yet? I haven't seen anything but am trying to figure out next steps and just wanna make sure I haven't missed anything even though I know I'm probably paranoid

Congrats!! I was told to expect it on Friday (9/29), so I don't think you've missed anything yet!

Congrats to everyone! I wont be applying 'til next summer since I'm still a junior. Are there any tips/advice that you guys are willing to share for someone who still has roughly a year before he can apply? 🙏

Hi all,

I applied towards the middle/end of September. Got an invitation to interview on October 6 for the October 20 virtual interview day. Is anyone else interviewing on October 20th as well? For those of you who had the interview, how long were the individual interviews and group interviews? I've interviewed at U Miami, which was about an hour with one faculty member, so that's my only reference point.

Hi all,

I applied towards the middle/end of September. Got an invitation to interview on October 6 for the October 20 virtual interview day. Is anyone else interviewing on October 20th as well? For those of you who had the interview, how long were the individual interviews and group interviews? I've interviewed at U Miami, which was about an hour with one faculty member, so that's my only reference point.

@Sixty6 congrats and good luck with your interview! I will be attending Duke next year, and I interviewed/received admittance a few weeks ago. The whole interview day is about 4 hrs long. You'll have a lot of breaks, so you aren't interviewing that entire time. There is a 30-45min group interview with 5-6 other applicants. There are two individual interviews with different faculty members each lasting around 15min, with 15min breaks in between. You will also have a 30-45 Q&A session with current students at the end.

Anyone else interview Friday (October 20th)? I know they mentioned they were meeting Tuesday to discuss, but how do you think the interview went?