Duke DPT c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Duke has accepted a little more than 50 students by now, hope that's useful information.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Duke has accepted a little more than 50 students by now, hope that's useful information.
Do you know if that's people who have actually submitted their deposits or if that's just how many they have sent out? Thanks for the numbers!!! @alynnex3

Students who have accepted their admission received an email in november, and 50 people received that email. I don't know how many people have been offered admission since then :) hope that clarified a bit! @Koala327

Members don't see this ad :)
Students who have accepted their admission received an email in november, and 50 people received that email. I don't know how many people have been offered admission since then :) hope that clarified a bit! @Koala327
Thanks! Is that including all you ED people too? It seems weird that the class is almost full and they say that they accept people thru April?? @alynnex3

Hii friend!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied regular decision and sent in my application on October 15th and heard back last Monday!

PS - is anyone else going to the Duke Info Day on December 9th? Does anyone have any idea on what the dress code is haha stupid question but I don't want to dress too formally/too casually!!

Hey @wanderer13 , did you get a call from Carol or was it someone else in the admissions department??

I guess no news is good news??? Do we know if they have sent out emails to people that were declined admission?

I guess no news is good news??? Do we know if they have sent out emails to people that were declined admission?

@knhart I don't think we will hear anything until at least late December (after the first initial soft deadline of Dec 12th for those who have already been offered admission!)

Hey guys! So Duke is doing an informational session for those that have already been accepted and then they will send out more invites after people start submitting or declining their deposits? I'm just a little confused haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys! So Duke is doing an informational session for those that have already been accepted and then they will send out more invites after people start submitting or declining their deposits? I'm just a little confused haha :)

I'm pretty sure that's how they are doing it. But from the numbers I've seen if everyone who has been sent an acceptance accepts, there are no more seats left in the class. But Duke is being pretty silent about everything so who knows!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure that's how they are doing it. But from the numbers I've seen if everyone who has been sent an acceptance accepts, there are no more seats left in the class. But Duke is being pretty silent about everything so who knows!! :)

Okay thanks for the info! :) This process is stressful.

D0 we know if anyone has received a rejection from Duke yet?o_O

Anyone know if there is going to be a Facebook group made for us?

No I go to school up in NYC and still have finals so I wasn't able to go. Did you?
No I haven't been accepted yet!!! I'm hoping there are still spots left :(

Anyone else get a call from Duke today?? I'm excited to be joining you all!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone on here apply for the Helen Kaiser/Diversity scholarships? Has anyone heard back today yet?

Did anyone on here apply for the Helen Kaiser/Diversity scholarships? Has anyone heard back today yet?

Haven't heard anything!

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything and it's killin me!
Glad to know I'm not alone!! It's already like 6pm there in NC - don't you think they would have already notified people?!

Im in! Was accepted early decision mid September after being rejected last admissions cycle. Don't be afraid to reapply if you know Duke is the school for you!

Reactions: 2 users
Im in! Was accepted early decision mid September after being rejected last admissions cycle. Don't be afraid to reapply if you know Duke is the school for you!
Congratulations!!!

Hey has anyone heard about the scholarships?

Hey has anyone heard about the scholarships?
HAHA checking my email every second. I was just there this past weekend when the crazy ice/snow storm hit so I know they are running behind on everything.

Is the wait killing anyone else?! I thought we were all done with the waiting game, but it continues on... :) :)

does anyone know if there are any spots left in the class of 2020 at Duke??

The fb group hasn't been created yet has it?

Yes they have sent denials. I just called and they said they sent out denials in dec and early Jan... admissions is hoping to meet again by the end of January, so hopefully the next round finds out by early feb! THE SEATS ARE NOT FULL YET!!!!!!!

I just got accepted off the waitlist! But I hate making this decision blind, is there anyone who has visited/toured who would be willing to chat with me and answer some questions?

Do you mind to share how did you manage to improve yourself during that gap year?? I didn't accepted by Duke this cycle and am waitlisted by another school. Probably will reapply in 2018. Thanks!

I just got accepted off the waitlist! But I hate making this decision blind, is there anyone who has visited/toured who would be willing to chat with me and answer some questions?

You can message me! I'd be happy to answer any questions for you :) I've done a LOT of digging and research and have had many questions answered as I've had to figure out between Duke and another school which to choose :) @mfairchild3

Has anyone heard anything recently? I emailed them, and they said my application was still under consideration at the end of Jan.

Has anyone heard anything recently? I emailed them, and they said my application was still under consideration at the end of Jan.

I was accepted off the waitlist last Monday. The deposit deadline for my round is this Friday, 2/17.