Duke DPT Early Decision 2016-2017

Started by Triumph07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Triumph07

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All! I am applying to Duke Early Decision. I was hoping to connect with a few others that were too! I am graduating from Lasell College next spring with a 3.7 (as of now). I have 150 clinical hours and additional 300 are required before graduation. My prereq GPA is around a 3.86 (I haven't taken Chem yet, taking that senior year). I have a six year work history as a lifeguard and I am in the Exercise Science Club.
 
Hi All! I am applying to Duke Early Decision. I was hoping to connect with a few others that were too! I am graduating from Lasell College next spring with a 3.7 (as of now). I have 150 clinical hours and additional 300 are required before graduation. My prereq GPA is around a 3.86 (I haven't taken Chem yet, taking that senior year). I have a six year work history as a lifeguard and I am in the Exercise Science Club.

Hello, Triumph07! I am applying to Duke ED as well. They just emailed me yesterday notifying me that my application is complete and to periodically check my email in the upcoming weeks. The interview date is September 17! So close!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I'm also applying Duke ED. How long after you submitted your application to PTCAS did you get the "application complete" email? I paid the supplemental fee and submitted everything on 8/09 but haven't heard anything from them yet.
 
Hello, Triumph07! I am applying to Duke ED as well. They just emailed me yesterday notifying me that my application is complete and to periodically check my email in the upcoming weeks. The interview date is September 17! So close!
Hi there! I just received the email confirmation of complete application, but they said that Duke is not doing interview this year for ED, where did you hear from for the interview day?
 
Hey everyone! I'm also applying Duke ED. How long after you submitted your application to PTCAS did you get the "application complete" email? I paid the supplemental fee and submitted everything on 8/09 but haven't heard anything from them yet.
Hey no worries, I also did that on the 9th and just got the application complete email 🙂
 
Hi there! I just received the email confirmation of complete application, but they said that Duke is not doing interview this year for ED, where did you hear from for the interview day?

Originally, Duke emailed me saying to periodically check my email and look for a decision as to whether I got an interview or not. They said the interview date was sept 17. However, I just got another email 30 min ago saying the interview process has been eliminated. The admissions committee said the decision to eliminate the interview process was made by program leadership and had nothing to do with the number of ED applicants.
 
Originally, Duke emailed me saying to periodically check my email and look for a decision as to whether I got an interview or not. They said the interview date was sept 17. However, I just got another email 30 min ago saying the interview process has been eliminated. The admissions committee said the decision to eliminate the interview process was made by program leadership and had nothing to do with the number of ED applicants.
Well, that's good to know! I was scared because I thought there were too many applicants so they eliminated the interview process...
 
What are everyone's stats looking like? Just trying to see how everyone else compares.

GPAc - 3.585
GPApre-req- 3.67
GRE- Q (155) V (155)
120 hours in 4 locations

Extracurriculars: rehab tech in ALF, former student-athlete, volunteer leading geriatric seated exercise/yoga classes, stats tutor, anatomy TA, private tutor, etc.
 
Originally, Duke emailed me saying to periodically check my email and look for a decision as to whether I got an interview or not. They said the interview date was sept 17. However, I just got another email 30 min ago saying the interview process has been eliminated. The admissions committee said the decision to eliminate the interview process was made by program leadership and had nothing to do with the number of ED applicants.

Woo that's great news! Can you update us when you hear back from them? To get an idea when decisions will come out. 🙂 Good luck to you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But didn't earlier threads have interviews thus prolonging the process?
Not necessarily. Regardless, decisions will be made by the 26th. We will all know within three weeks. I understand it can be unnerving, but we've all put our best foot forward, so here's to a good outcome to us all 🙂
 
Not necessarily. Regardless, decisions will be made by the 26th. We will all know within three weeks. I understand it can be unnerving, but we've all put our best foot forward, so here's to a good outcome to us all 🙂

Originally, the decisions were going to be made by the 26th. However, when they notified me of the elimination of interviews they said the new decision deadline is Friday the 23rd!
 
Alright, so I went to the Duke information session again on September 15th, which was also the last one for this application cycle. I was told all early decision applicants will be notified by this friday September 23rd. Long wee days...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it's an amazing value! It's comparable to any other private school and even some in-state schools. I think their deposit is a bit higher, at $1000 vs $500 at some schools, though.
 
I think it's an amazing value! It's comparable to any other private school and even some in-state schools. I think their deposit is a bit higher, at $1000 vs $500 at some schools, though.
I agree with you.
 
Last edited:
I didn't get accepted through Early Decision. Good luck to everyone else! Keep fight with GRE!
 
Congrats! For those who were accepted, do you mind sharing your stats?
I was accepted!!! Here's my stats:
GPA: 3.87
Science GPA: 3.45
GREv: 164 GREq: 154 writing: 4.0
I have 130 PT hours in 3 settings but over 1000 Athletic Training hours (majoring in AT at University of South Carolina)
I'm also in the Honors College and working on a research thesis project
 
I got in as well! Kevindeee, my stats are posted earlier in the thread. Congrats to everyone that got in. For the people that didn't, keep working hard! You can do it!
 
I have not gotten accepted nor denied so I'm assuming they're still working through the applications?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! For those who were accepted, do you mind sharing your stats?
I got in yesterday as well!
GPA: 3.88
GPA pre-req: 3.80
GRE: 159V, 156Q, 5.0W
Hours: ~200 in multiple settings, inpatient and outpatient
Extracurriculars: Club and Intramural sports, Athletic Programming director for a spirit and tradition org, worked as a lifeguard, multiple honor societies
 
Hello,

I got in as well! I have been trying to find others who were accepted, so I'm excited to see a few others! I am not familiar with this site, but if there is a way to private message I would love to add yall on facebook and get to know some future class mates!
For the individual who asked about stats:
Major: Dance BA
Honors College
GPA: 3.82
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.85
GRE: math-160 verbal-154 writing-4.0
Observation hours: 200+ inpatient (neuro, peds, ortho, sports spec, geriatrics) and 100 outpatient acute care
Extra curriculars: VP of a student organizations , board member of 3 other student organizations , member of 2 dance medicine professional organizations, conducting own research project, class TA, and miscellaneous community service things