Duke DPT Early Decision 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triumph07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All! I am applying to Duke Early Decision. I was hoping to connect with a few others that were too! I am graduating from Lasell College next spring with a 3.7 (as of now). I have 150 clinical hours and additional 300 are required before graduation. My prereq GPA is around a 3.86 (I haven't taken Chem yet, taking that senior year). I have a six year work history as a lifeguard and I am in the Exercise Science Club.

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, that is a good stats. Did you went to their information session yet?

Hi All! I am applying to Duke Early Decision. I was hoping to connect with a few others that were too! I am graduating from Lasell College next spring with a 3.7 (as of now). I have 150 clinical hours and additional 300 are required before graduation. My prereq GPA is around a 3.86 (I haven't taken Chem yet, taking that senior year). I have a six year work history as a lifeguard and I am in the Exercise Science Club.

Hello, Triumph07! I am applying to Duke ED as well. They just emailed me yesterday notifying me that my application is complete and to periodically check my email in the upcoming weeks. The interview date is September 17! So close!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm also applying Duke ED. How long after you submitted your application to PTCAS did you get the "application complete" email? I paid the supplemental fee and submitted everything on 8/09 but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Hello, Triumph07! I am applying to Duke ED as well. They just emailed me yesterday notifying me that my application is complete and to periodically check my email in the upcoming weeks. The interview date is September 17! So close!
Hi there! I just received the email confirmation of complete application, but they said that Duke is not doing interview this year for ED, where did you hear from for the interview day?

Hey everyone! I'm also applying Duke ED. How long after you submitted your application to PTCAS did you get the "application complete" email? I paid the supplemental fee and submitted everything on 8/09 but haven't heard anything from them yet.
Hey no worries, I also did that on the 9th and just got the application complete email :)

Hi there! I just received the email confirmation of complete application, but they said that Duke is not doing interview this year for ED, where did you hear from for the interview day?

Originally, Duke emailed me saying to periodically check my email and look for a decision as to whether I got an interview or not. They said the interview date was sept 17. However, I just got another email 30 min ago saying the interview process has been eliminated. The admissions committee said the decision to eliminate the interview process was made by program leadership and had nothing to do with the number of ED applicants.

Originally, Duke emailed me saying to periodically check my email and look for a decision as to whether I got an interview or not. They said the interview date was sept 17. However, I just got another email 30 min ago saying the interview process has been eliminated. The admissions committee said the decision to eliminate the interview process was made by program leadership and had nothing to do with the number of ED applicants.
Well, that's good to know! I was scared because I thought there were too many applicants so they eliminated the interview process...

What are everyone's stats looking like? Just trying to see how everyone else compares.

What are everyone's stats looking like? Just trying to see how everyone else compares.

GPAc - 3.585
GPApre-req- 3.67
GRE- Q (155) V (155)
120 hours in 4 locations

Extracurriculars: rehab tech in ALF, former student-athlete, volunteer leading geriatric seated exercise/yoga classes, stats tutor, anatomy TA, private tutor, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)

Woo that's great news! Can you update us when you hear back from them? To get an idea when decisions will come out. :) Good luck to you!

Woo that's great news! Can you update us when you hear back from them? To get an idea when decisions will come out. :) Good luck to you!

Of course!
Thanks. Good luck to you as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I just paid my $50 supplemental fee today and am now waiting to get the application complete email. We only have to wait a month now. I hope we can all post when we hear word. Good luck everyone else going for Duke :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Any idea when decisions will go out?
I don't foresee anyone being notified until Sep 17th at the earliest, and even then, probably not until the 21st. Earlier threads seem to confirm this.

I don't foresee anyone being notified until Sep 17th at the earliest, and even then, probably not until the 21st. Earlier threads seem to confirm this.
But didn't earlier threads have interviews thus prolonging the process?

But didn't earlier threads have interviews thus prolonging the process?
Not necessarily. Regardless, decisions will be made by the 26th. We will all know within three weeks. I understand it can be unnerving, but we've all put our best foot forward, so here's to a good outcome to us all :)

Not necessarily. Regardless, decisions will be made by the 26th. We will all know within three weeks. I understand it can be unnerving, but we've all put our best foot forward, so here's to a good outcome to us all :)

Originally, the decisions were going to be made by the 26th. However, when they notified me of the elimination of interviews they said the new decision deadline is Friday the 23rd!

Reactions: 2 users
Originally, the decisions were going to be made by the 26th. However, when they notified me of the elimination of interviews they said the new decision deadline is Friday the 23rd!
This is good to know. Thank you for the information.

2 more weeks! Good luck guys! I can't stop checking my mailbox hoping something came up earlier lol

Waiting is too exhausted... It is the hardest thing ever in the whole application process. LOL.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope, not yet for me. Heard it was coming out this Friday!

Duke told you they would let us know this Friday? I was hoping they would tell us before that! This is going to be a long week. Good luck everyone!

Alright, so I went to the Duke information session again on September 15th, which was also the last one for this application cycle. I was told all early decision applicants will be notified by this friday September 23rd. Long wee days...

Please keep updated if anyone hear from Duke.... Good luck to everyone!!!:love:

Quick question: Was anyone else concerned with the price of tuition for duke?

I think it's an amazing value! It's comparable to any other private school and even some in-state schools. I think their deposit is a bit higher, at $1000 vs $500 at some schools, though.

Check your emails. They sent out some if not all decisions!

I think it's an amazing value! It's comparable to any other private school and even some in-state schools. I think their deposit is a bit higher, at $1000 vs $500 at some schools, though.
I agree with you.

Last edited:
I didn't get accepted through Early Decision. Good luck to everyone else! Keep fight with GRE!

I WAS ACCEPTED!!!! Congrats to everyone else who got in!! For those who didn't - keep your chin up, we're all going to be PTs at the end of the day!!!

Accepted!! Good luck to everyone!! It'll come soon enough!

I WAS ACCEPTED!!!! Congrats to everyone else who got in!! For those who didn't - keep your chin up, we're all going to be PTs at the end of the day!!!

Congrats! For those who were accepted, do you mind sharing your stats?

I was accepted!!! Here's my stats:
GPA: 3.87
Science GPA: 3.45
GREv: 164 GREq: 154 writing: 4.0
I have 130 PT hours in 3 settings but over 1000 Athletic Training hours (majoring in AT at University of South Carolina)
I'm also in the Honors College and working on a research thesis project

I got in as well! Kevindeee, my stats are posted earlier in the thread. Congrats to everyone that got in. For the people that didn't, keep working hard! You can do it!

I have not gotten accepted nor denied so I'm assuming they're still working through the applications?

I have not gotten accepted nor denied so I'm assuming they're still working through the applications?
That's probably a good news! I think they send out rejection at a same time.

I got in yesterday as well!
GPA: 3.88
GPA pre-req: 3.80
GRE: 159V, 156Q, 5.0W
Hours: ~200 in multiple settings, inpatient and outpatient
Extracurriculars: Club and Intramural sports, Athletic Programming director for a spirit and tradition org, worked as a lifeguard, multiple honor societies

See you all next fall <3

Hello,

I got in as well! I have been trying to find others who were accepted, so I'm excited to see a few others! I am not familiar with this site, but if there is a way to private message I would love to add yall on facebook and get to know some future class mates!
For the individual who asked about stats:
Major: Dance BA
Honors College
GPA: 3.82
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.85
GRE: math-160 verbal-154 writing-4.0
Observation hours: 200+ inpatient (neuro, peds, ortho, sports spec, geriatrics) and 100 outpatient acute care
Extra curriculars: VP of a student organizations , board member of 3 other student organizations , member of 2 dance medicine professional organizations, conducting own research project, class TA, and miscellaneous community service things

Has anyone who didn't apply early decision hear anything yet?