DUKE DPT ED 2019/2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhyZical

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you applied for early admission to Duke or to any other program and if you've heard back. Haven't seen any related thread, so thought I should start on one. Let's chat. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am not a Duke early applicant, but I have applied to another program early admission. I have received an interview invite for 9/13. Best of luck to the future Blue Devils out there!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! That's awesome and good luck on your interview!! Let us know how it goes :)

Members don't see this ad :)
did you receive any news or updates from Duke yet? I'm waiting as well and it's killing me.

did you receive any news or updates from Duke yet? I'm waiting as well and it's killing me.

Not yet.. I feel you - that anxiety just wouldn't go away..

Did you apply for ED too?

Hello! I am an early decision applicant for the Wingate Program. I had received my acceptance last week!

Wingate does not do interviews so that was nerve-wracking, but I am super excited to have been accepted into their 2021 cohort.

Hello! I am an early decision applicant for the Wingate Program. I had received my acceptance last week!

Wingate does not do interviews so that was nerve-wracking, but I am super excited to have been accepted into their 2021 cohort.

Congrats! That's such good news!! :)

Not yet.. I feel you - that anxiety just wouldn't go away..

Did you apply for ED too?

Yeah I did ED as well. From the past forums, it seems like Duke will send out the interview invitation 2 weeks prior to the interview date? I guess tomorrow is the big day?

Wishing you all the best! Fingers Crossed!

Congrats! thats huge! must be nice not having to do anymore applications. Jealous.

Yeah I did ED as well. From the past forums, it seems like Duke will send out the interview invitation 2 weeks prior to the interview date? I guess tomorrow is the big day?

Wishing you all the best! Fingers Crossed!

Oh God, fingers crossed for both of us! My nerves!!! Let's keep each other updated :)

Oh God, fingers crossed for both of us! My nerves!!! Let's keep each other updated :)

Deal!
i know it's highly unlikely but I hope we are the only two that applied ED ... lol.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my interview invitation!! i hope you get it as well!!

Yes I did as well! Just now sent the confirmation email and am waiting on the info for that day. Woohoo!

Yes I did as well! Just now sent the confirmation email and am waiting on the info for that day. Woohoo!
YES!!! CONGRATS!!
sent my confirmation as well. did you hear back from them yet?

YES!!! CONGRATS!!
sent my confirmation as well. did you hear back from them yet?

Not yet, and it's been a few hours lol.

I feel like we are just waiting from one thing to another. Probably that anxiety won't go away until 20th lol.

Congrats! thats huge! must be nice not having to do anymore applications. Jealous.
Thank you so much!! I hope you get the same good news as well! Not having to worry about PTCAS is VERY nice lol. Best of luck on your interview!!

Reactions: 1 users
Not yet, and it's been a few hours lol.

I feel like we are just waiting from one thing to another. Probably that anxiety won't go away until 20th lol.

For me, the anxiety won't go away until the 25th.

For me, the anxiety won't go away until the 25th.

I thought we'd hear from them on the 20th right after the interview? If not, yea the anxiousness will stay till the 25th.

I applied ED for Duke as well. What were everyone's stats, scores, hours, etc???

So tomorrow's the day, I guess. Anyone heard anything from ED Duke yet??? Going Crazy!!!

So tomorrow's the day, I guess. Anyone heard anything from ED Duke yet??? Going Crazy!!!

Same girl, sameee! Starting to lose my mind over here.. Keep us updated when you do hear back tomorrow?

I GOT IN!!! I HOPE Y'ALL ARE GOING TO JOIN ME!!!

Hi! Has anyone that applied Regular Decision for Duke heard back yet?
Hi! I received notification of an interview invitation 10/17, interviewed 11/1, and received my acceptance via call and email 11/8. Best of luck!

How many interview days does Duke have?? I have mine the 13th of December and was under the impression that that was the day for Regular Decision applicants...

How many interview days does Duke have?? I have mine the 13th of December and was under the impression that that was the day for Regular Decision applicants...
Hey! I'm pretty sure there have been two interviews. One for early decision and then one for regular decision on November 1st!

Hey! I'm pretty sure there have been two interviews. One for early decision and then one for regular decision on November 1st!
Do you know how many people are there in the first regular decision interview?

I have not heard anything from Duke at all. Does anyone know if after the 13th if they will conduct more interviews usually or should I be expecting a rejection? Jan 15th is approaching and it's so annoying to have to pay a deposit and then hear from other schools

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone could give me any insight into the Duke interview. Were the individual interviews more conversational or more Q-and-A style? Duke is my first interview and I want to go in as prepared as possible. Thanks!

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone could give me any insight into the Duke interview. Were the individual interviews more conversational or more Q-and-A style? Duke is my first interview and I want to go in as prepared as possible. Thanks!

The interview was more conversational. Each one was only 15 minutes with a faculty member, and they only had two questions prepared for us. After answering those two, the rest of the time was just a conversation getting to know one another!

Also keep in mind that faculty/students are also observing you during your team-based learning activity; this is just as important as the individual!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi again! I was wondering if there's any sort of group for accepted students at Duke, or if anyone would be willing to chat? I received an acceptance yesterday and would love to talk with some other people considering/going to Duke :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi again! I was wondering if there's any sort of group for accepted students at Duke, or if anyone would be willing to chat? I received an acceptance yesterday and would love to talk with some other people considering/going to Duke :)

I would love to be apart of this too if someone makes one!

There's a FB group now!! Look up Duke DPT 2023 Official on FB :)