Duke MBS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaspertug

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

A thread hasn't been made for this MBS post-bacc program for the 2021-2022 cohort so I am making one here! Decisions for priority application come by March 5th, but I am not sure if rejections or some acceptances will be released before then.

Feel free to post here as you get your results! And good luck to all that applied:)

-HMS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everybody,

A thread hasn't been made for this MBS post-bacc program for the 2021-2022 cohort so I am making one here! Decisions for priority application come by March 5th, but I am not sure if rejections or some acceptances will be released before then.

Feel free to post here as you get your results! And good luck to all that applied:)

-HMS
Thank you. I applied for priority review, I will let you all know once I hear back from the program :)

Thank you. I applied for priority review, I will let you all know once I hear back from the program :)
I also applied for priority review! I wonder if they will start giving out rejections and maybe some acceptances before the 5th? I've seen on previous year threads people getting the decision the last week of February.

Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied for priority review! I wonder if they will start giving out rejections and maybe some acceptances before the 5th? I've seen on previous year threads people getting the decision the last week of February.

Good luck!!
I seen that as well, I was wondering the same thing. I’ve been checking my email & mbs account. From what I’ve also read from previous year threads is if accepted, you will get the call before the email. Good luck to you as well!!

Last edited:
Hey guys, glad to see a thread for this pool! I was planning to apply for priority decision but unfortunately one of my recommendation letters got in a few days too late. So I'll just be waiting in the general pool, I guess! Do y'all know from previous threads if after March 5th it's kinda just a free for all when they send our acceptances or rejections or if they go in order of when you got the app in?

Hey y’all! I also applied for priority review. Anxiously waiting to hear an admissions decision! Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 user
I also applied for priority review! Good luck to everyone as we wait for decisions!

Hey guys, glad to see a thread for this pool! I was planning to apply for priority decision but unfortunately one of my recommendation letters got in a few days too late. So I'll just be waiting in the general pool, I guess! Do y'all know from previous threads if after March 5th it's kinda just a free for all when they send our acceptances or rejections or if they go in order of when you got the app in?
I’m not sure, I did see they are sending out acceptances on a rolling basis after priority decision. I didn’t see anything about order of application.

That is a bummer about the LOR, that almost happened to me too and I was panicked/frustrated but there are plenty of spots up for grabs after priority so I don't think it is too big of a deal.

My guess is that since they said they are sending out acceptances on a rolling basis after priority that they are also looking at post-priority applications in the order they came in.

Does anyone mind sharing their stats & their goal post MBS?

I also applied priority! Not very confident considering I don’t think that my prompt responses were my best work, but still anxious for a decisions!! Has anyone applied and heard back from any similar programs?

I applied for priority! Does anyone know anything if they provide scholarship offers with admissions offers, or only offer scholarships once accepted the offer/or enrolled?

I was accepted to BU's MAMS program, still waiting for this program's response

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to BU's MAMS program, still waiting for this program's response
That is awesome! Congrats. I've heard good things about that program. If you get into this program, which are you leaning towards?

Not sure why but I was kind of hoping they would call us today. Has anyone heard anything yet?

I applied for priority! Does anyone know anything if they provide scholarship offers with admissions offers, or only offer scholarships once accepted the offer/or enrolled?
Not sure, i'm curious about that as well.

Not sure why but I was kind of hoping they would call us today. Has anyone heard anything yet?
No, i'm patiently waiting. I hope they reach out before Friday.
Haven't heard anything either! But also hoping they would call today. When I looked at previous threads it looked like people were getting their decision both rejections and acceptances all on the same day which was on a Friday. I'd put my money on not hearing anything till Friday. But we're almost there!!

That is awesome! Congrats. I've heard good things about that program. If you get into this program, which are you leaning towards?
Thanks so much! I have a preference for BU just because they offer the opportunity to do an MS/MPH and it's something I'm interested in pursuing. Other than that, I find both programs to offer equally good opportunities!

It looks like they are actually going to wait until tomorrow. I’m so anxious!!

That is a bummer about the LOR, that almost happened to me too and I was panicked/frustrated but there are plenty of spots up for grabs after priority so I don't think it is too big of a deal.

My guess is that since they said they are sending out acceptances on a rolling basis after priority that they are also looking at post-priority applications in the order they came in.
Yeah it was a bit frustrating, but I figure if it's meant to be, it'll be. I think the only thing that frustrates me is that after tomorrow, the long waiting game until April begins, waiting to hear at any moment for essentially a whole month!

Best of luck to everyone who's expecting a decision tomorrow!! 🤞

Today's the big day, good luck everyone :) !!

Just got the call, I was accepted!!

Hey guys! I was deferred, for those of you who were accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?

Soooooo, am I the only one who hasn't received a call or email today yet?

Sure, I have a B.S. in Biology (3.5 gpa), a MPH degree (3.8 gpa), and 2.5 years of undergraduate research experience.
Thanks so much, and congrats on your acceptance!

For anyone that was accepted, did you guys receive an official email yet?

I was accepted and received a call in the morning (PST, I am on the west coast)! I also received an email a few minutes after the call.

I haven’t received anything yet as well. I applied priority so an acceptance or rejection should have been sent out today. I’m gonna contact them tomorrow if I don’t hear back by later on tonight. But I still wish us all the best of luck!

I have not received either an acceptance or rejection, through mail or phone yet. I'm wondering if I should contact them tomorrow

Got an email acceptance into the program yesterday! (12:30 PM EST)