Duke or Penn for Pre-med

ewq5555

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first post Which of these schools, Duke or Penn, is better for pre-med and why?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I'm concerned, they're equal. It's what you do at either that's going to make it better for yourself as a pre-med.

Furthermore, I'd based it on personal factors: how much is each going to cost you? Does the location make a difference to you? Does going to an ivy league school mean anything to you (might make you feel more proud of yourself, your family, family member's alma matter, you might work harder because of this; read: psychological)? Is there a specific major one or the other offers that's unique to your interests?

Sorry I can't give you a cut and dry list for why one is better than the other, I just don't believe that's possible from an objective point of view, or from one (my own) that doesn't put a great emphasis on undergrad attended.

UPenn or Penn State? Duke has a fantastic record of churning out some very exceptional medical students, but UPenn would also be an excellent choice. If it were me, it would come down to non-academic factors, as mentioned above.

Given the context I'd guess UPenn.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally I'm a big duke fan. It really depends on what sort of college lifestyle you want, and where you will find the most success.