Duke status check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jessica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what password to use for the Duke status check (where you log in with your e-mail address and a password)? I tried the password I used to log into the on-line secondary, but this did not work... any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the password is your AMCAS ID number.

How long after submitting your AMCAS app did you get a seconday invite from Duke? I submitted on October 10th, and haven't heard word one from them. I know they screen, but in all modesty, I think I should make it past the initial screening. I took the August MCAT, by the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted AMCAS on 7/10 and received the secondary on 8/10.

Maybe they are a little behind on processing all the apps?

i believe duke is not screening this year. here is the site for the secondary:
<a href="https://www1.applyyourself.com/aylogin.cfm?id=DUKEMED" target="_blank">Duke</a>

I submitted my AMCAS in early Sept. but never got an invite from Duke, I just went to their website and started the secondary on my own. Make sure you set aside some serious time to devote to their essays...

Cali79 - thanks for the password!

Also, I need to revise what I posted earlier. I submitted my amcas 9/10 and got an e-mail from Duke inviting me to complete a secondary on 10/2

I got the link to Duke's secondary from Drako's website (see past posts). However, I haven't been able to access the secondary from Duke's website. Instead, I get to a different log-in screen that won't let me in. Anyone know what's going on? :confused: :confused: If I hadn't had Drako's link, I would have never been able to access that secondary.

alright. damn these essays. I don't think I really want to go to Duke in the first place. Well, one less person submitting a secondary for Duke...

I think that they designed those essays to discourage those that were not really interested in the school! But don't let them get to you if you really want to attend Duke! Just sit down and get it over with (I was thinking about not completing it too, but I ended up fiishing it)