duke waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DUDE!!!!! SWEEET!!!
that's awesome dlc! congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

oops, forgot to ask ya to check your inbox dlc. i'm gonna send you a PM

dlc, how long does Duke give you to decide? Since they seem to do things so differently from other schools, I half expect them to have some sort of weird procedure in place here too! :wink:

Members don't see this ad :)
shoudygrille and TommyGunn04...check your PMs!
Dana

Has anyone else heard or learned anything recently? Hey, what happened to Omores?

Still lurking. Trying to save my writing energy for the pharmacology paper and autopsy report that are both due tomorrow...yikes.

I have been stopping by the admissions office fairly regularly (we all do, mostly to raid drinks from the fridge). There is some slow steady waitlist movement going on from what I can tell. Seems as if everybody's wailist is a little sluggish. Could be a long summer. Hope you get some good news soon!!!

:( :confused: :) :cool: :D

Omores! You're awesome for taking the time to give us info! Thanks so much! :clap:

Have they really not taken anyone else since June 5th?!!! Or is it just that a bunch of non-SDNers have been accepted off the waitlist? I'd find it really hard to believe if they only accepted 2 people thus far! Anyone have any more info?

bump (sorry, I'm obsessed!)

I gave up my spot a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it has been filled by now, but it puts you one step closer to your dream, I guess.

It doesn't look too good now :( I called admissions today and found out that this year they've had the smallest amount of waitlist movement in years! Although I didn't give them my name, they encouraged me to solidify my plans elsewhere, because they didn't expect any more students to give up their spots at this point. And of course, in annoying Duke fashion, they refuse to give you even a REMOTE idea about your position on the list!!! Ahhh!

Members don't see this ad :)
someone posted on medicalgold that they couldn't log in the website. i just tried and couldn't either. anyone else having problems?

nevermind my previous message. i was able to log in. anyways, anybody got new info?

Yikes. That's discouraging, TommyGunn. I wish I had some secret inside information for you, but I don't. Where will you be if Duke doesn't come through?

I'll still be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Everyone! After that discouraging message from the secretary I basically gave up on Duke. But I friggin' got in!!! I can't believe it! Duke, here I come! I'll see you soon Omores! :)

Originally posted by TommyGunn04
Everyone! After that discouraging message from the secretary I basically gave up on Duke. But I friggin' got in!!! I can't believe it! Duke, here I come! I'll see you soon Omores! :)

Congrats! At this point I am quite settled with U of MN, so I won't be seeing you at Duke! Best of luck man.

Congratulations TommyGunn!

I guess persistance does pay off! I'm glad my spot eventually made its way to another SDNer. I don't think there could have been anyone else who wanted it more, that's for sure. Anyway, it's too bad we won't be classmates, but maybe we'll run in to each other on Franklin/9th street or something. :)

You must be the happiest guy on earth right about now. :)

Originally posted by Coalboy
Congratulations TommyGunn!

You must be the happiest guy on earth right about now. :)

You'd better believe it!!! And I'm even happier after seeing how much better my financial aid package at Duke is compared to Penn's! :D

Congrats !! TOMMYGUN !!!!!

I KNEW YOU WERE GONNA GET IN !!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

YEAH BABY! I KNEW THAT U WERE GOIN TO GET IN! YEAH! i've been impatiently checkin sdn to see if u had gotten in or not. i usually don't go on sdn too often b/c it sucks out so much time, but i wanted to kno when my fellow bioethics concentrator got in. u and legi man, definitely representin the helpdesk on sdn. haha. hopefully, i'll do the same next year. so dude, if i interview at duke man, i'm crashin w/ u for sure! hehe. best of luck dude, u totally deserve it!

ur scp mentee

Originally posted by TommyGunn04

DUDE! that is so awesome!:clap: CRAZY!!!! I'm so happy for you man. I've been checking whatsup on this thread but never posted anything. See you in like 3 weeks. Can you believe that? I'm moving there on July 22. Unreal!

Yeeeeeehaw!

I am SO DELIGHTED!!!! Your good news made me feel that the universe is unfolding as it should. Enjoy! And see you soon. E-mail me if you have any questions. I'm in British Columbia right now and don't always have internet access, but I'll be checking in when I can.

Congratulations again! Time for some clappies...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

just wanted to say how happy i am for you =) ah the stories you have to tell to all the youngsters applying now...

congrats again!

Ditto- Congrats on getting into Duke!!!
(My dream school...)

If you don't mind, what were your stats?

thanks everyone! I just got my apartment today too! I'm so excited!!!

jenv, I'm glad to hear that you're so enthusiastic about Duke. I was set on going there from the moment I first heard Dean Armstrong describe the unique and revolutionary Duke curriculum at Brown during my junior year. I've been hooked ever since!

To answer your question, when I applied I had something like a 3.8 cum GPA, which was about 3.75 in BCPM and 3.8+ in humanities/etc. I got a 36R on the April 2001 MCAT. Just remember, stats definitely aren't everything. In fact, many people say that they'll only help you get your foot in the door for an interview, and after that it all comes down to your interview, personal skills, extracurriculars, interest in that particular school, and quite often, just LUCK!

Anyway, feel free to PM me with any specific questions about applying, or even to look me up if you end up interviewing at Duke this fall. :)