Dukes Anonymous :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
argh

so i wake up this morning to a ringing phone, fall out of bed, and reach for it, and I see that it starts with a 9. Only after the same number calling me twice and not saying anything do i realize its a florida area code, 941. Some cardiac surgeon's business number. So not fair.

Members don't see this ad.

argh

so i wake up this morning to a ringing phone, fall out of bed, and reach for it, and I see that it starts with a 9. Only after the same number calling me twice and not saying anything do i realize its a florida area code, 941. Some cardiac surgeon's business number. So not fair.

dang lollapaluzzi - how can you not know now to fall asleep with your phone tied to your wrist? :laugh:

Since this thread is now being updated with constant posts filled with tension and dismay, I propose we introduce a lighter topic to discuss...the famous "what if..."

Rules are simple: truthfulness.

To Duke Waitlistees: If you had 5 minutes with RW and the admissions committee, how would you prove your love? (if you actually get in, people should hold you accountable...)

To Prior Duke Waitlistees: What did you swear you would do if you got off the waitlist and did you carry through?

Heightened emotions = crazy?

I share first:

I smoked for a long time, and quit in lieu of getting off Duke's waitlist. Cold turkey too.

That's an easy one, if i had 5 minutes, it'd be time to bust out the guitar. Given some of the things that its brought me so far, it ought to handle this too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm..this thread just took an interesting turn.

Good luck to everyone that is still left:luck: Remember that Duke isn't going to make or break you! Plan on your other options at this point; we know what our odds are. Just carry on, and if Duke wants you, you may not find out for a while. Best to repress the possibility then be pleasantly surprised if you do get in.

Going to Duke would be great, but all med schools give you the chance to soar, and only you know how good you are.

One week SDN break for me.:thumbup: See you all later.

To Duke Waitlistees: If you had 5 minutes with RW and the admissions committee, how would you prove your love? (if you actually get in, people should hold you accountable...)

To Prior Duke Waitlistees: What did you swear you would do if you got off the waitlist and did you carry through?

I promised them that I wouldn't disappoint... and hopefully I'm holding true to my word.

Doesn't anyone else think it is strange that only one post-waitlist acceptance has been posted on SDN? I would have expected more people to post.

Anybody got inside info on the waitlist status, are they going to give out more acceptances?

Still praying for DUKE!!

Doesn't anyone else think it is strange that only one post-waitlist acceptance has been posted on SDN? I would have expected more people to post.

Anybody got inside info on the waitlist status, are they going to give out more acceptances?

Still praying for DUKE!!

i feel your pain completely. but we just have to let this thing ride out. it has to resolve itself one way or another by the beginning of august. thats a guarantee.

youre allowed to call and ask if the class is full yet. I did it on monday. I'll do it again tm or friday if you feel like waiting, or somebody else could in the meanwhile.

youre allowed to call and ask if the class is full yet. I did it on monday. I'll do it again tm or friday if you feel like waiting, or somebody else could in the meanwhile.

honestly, i don't want to bother them. i feel like this is a test of patience and i've already written a letter of intent. they known how much i love duke. we'll see what happens.

I think there was at least one acceptance call monday.:luck:

yeah my one week no SDN thing didn't work out so well, I can't do it.;)

Sorry, I have no news. I haven't made my way to the admissions office in a few days. I miss RW and J for sure. I'll prolly stop by tomorrow and see what's up for y'all.

Slow thread :(. Not as crazy as last year's thread

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard any news, besides nova and the random other person mentioned?! this is killing me! i think that it would almost be easier to keep waiting if i knew others had gotten in already.

if anyone has any insider info....pass it along to us (not so) patient waitlisters.

thanks! :cool:

Looks like there has been another person off the Waitlist, according to MDapps....But I don't know when this happened.

Hey FCD, any inside info from the admissions office?

Still hoping and praying for DUKE!!

has anyone heard any news, besides nova and the random other person mentioned?! this is killing me! i think that it would almost be easier to keep waiting if i knew others had gotten in already.

if anyone has any insider info....pass it along to us (not so) patient waitlisters.

thanks! :cool:

Careful what you wish for, cmc. I've been reading this thread for a while now, and since you asked, I thought I'd share.

One of my friends got off the waitlist last week (either on or before the 15th, I'm not sure which) and is going for sure. He's not an international student.

This week, two more of my friends got off the Duke waitlist. Both are probably NOT attending though.

I don't know if this is comforting or not to hear, so take it for what it is. Good luck to everybody still in waitlist limbo/hell!

Careful what you wish for, cmc. I've been reading this thread for a while now, and since you asked, I thought I'd share.

One of my friends got off the waitlist last week (either on or before the 15th, I'm not sure which) and is going for sure. He's not an international student.

This week, two more of my friends got off the Duke waitlist. Both are probably NOT attending though.

I don't know if this is comforting or not to hear, so take it for what it is. Good luck to everybody still in waitlist limbo/hell!

I don't want to speak for cmc but I thank you very much for the information. This is great info. Anyone else out there who reads Duke Anonymous...we need to know what you know people.

sorry... i wasn't at school friday. im currently at home sick :( ill get infos next week.

Hopkins over Duke 10-9 in the Lax Semifinals!!! :D

But I still want love from Duke Med.

sorry... i wasn't at school friday. im currently at home sick :( ill get infos next week.

Sick, FCD? It's rough enough having this essay and exam to cram for this weekend - I think I'd lose my mind if I were sick on top of everything else; hope it clears up by Monday.

Hopkins over Duke 10-9 in the Lax Semifinals!!! :D

But I still want love from Duke Med.

That was an amazing game, i dont care how cold it kept getting. Im sure the behind the neck goal by hopkins is on espn today for those that didnt catch the game :). Duke must haaaaate us, seeing as we're the only team to beat em in the playoffs, and we've done it three times in a row, twice for the title.

Were you there too? Do you go to hop too?

Now the next game is even more important; if syracuse wins, we're tied at 9 titles, if hopkins wins, we go up by 2. Unless you count syracuse's voided 1990 title, in which case we're tied at 9, and its even bigger.

anymore updates from our dear friends @ Duke ?

Thanks! it is helpful to hear something, even if it's not in the form of personal good news. I appreciate your response.

Anyone brave enough to call admin office to see if the class is full?

Just keep on praying!:D

I heard that the offers are all given out as of right now. However, there are probably going to be more offers given out at the beginning of June if not earlier. Hope that helps.

FCD and Doctor, Thanks for the info...FCD, how are you sure that there are going to more acceptances come early June, did the admin office say this?

I heard that the offers are all given out as of right now. However, there are probably going to be more offers given out at the beginning of June if not earlier. Hope that helps.

dun dun dun - the sound of the few faithful Dukes Anonymous readers hopes being crushed

i think FCD's messing with us and tomorrow there's going to be a rush of phone calls jus cus he's a joker - i mean look at his avatar...i know of only 2 girls who can drive better than i can

lol is going to call and he's going to hear that the class is still not full and all is well

I heard this morning that kelly is sleeping with mark, but susan doesnt know about it!

...yeah

Sorry I wasnt able to call for everyone today, ive been dealing with wake forest, who wants me to decide by friday without having sent me any finaid info (finaid app complete since march). Naturally, they can't tell me over the phone or by email or fax me the letter or extend the deadline. This is the same school that only gave me an interview after I called and said id be in the area for a duke interview.

This whole thing has been longer and crazier than a democratic primary.

FCD, do you mean you heard a new rumor that is good? or that the rumor about being full was on the up and up?

I think he meant the rumor was on the up and up. He does spend an inordinate amount of time in the admission's office.

hmm...so we might be hearing more before the beginning of june...im sure its no coincidence that my birthday is the last business day before june...

memorial day is the best holiday birthday ever, btw.

I think he meant the rumor was on the up and up. He does spend an inordinate amount of time in the admission's office.

Giving away all my secrets... nom, nom, nom. (For some reason I just felt the need to nom.) kthxbai

I'm gonna beat you up for sure. Meet me at the flag pole s/p radiholiday.

Just cuz I wasn't blessed with big guns :D Whatever... I'm totally swole.

Good rumors are good....let's just hope some DUKE love will come our way!

Still praying!

i just called the admissions office. class is full. done. :(

Re-post. I told you the class was currently full (as in all of the offers have already been given), but not everyone accepts those offers. Did you ask if they have 100 checks received or if the class is currently full?

He heard that the class is full. Come on, all you best and brightest...

I'd assume it works like this:

They have 20 or so spots to fill. They have a meeting, decide on 20 kids, and make 20 calls. Once 20 calls have been made, the class is "full." This is where we are now. Then x/20 accept the offer. They then hold another meeting, decide on 20-x kids, and make 20-x calls. And so on and so forth until all offers made are accepted.

In short, relax everyone.

He heard that the class is full. Come on, all you best and brightest...

I'd assume it works like this:

They have 20 or so spots to fill. They have a meeting, decide on 20 kids, and make 20 calls. Once 20 calls have been made, the class is "full." This is where we are now. Then x/20 accept the offer. They then hold another meeting, decide on 20-x kids, and make 20-x calls. And so on and so forth until all offers made are accepted.

In short, relax everyone.

Have you ever thought about neurosurgery, lollapaluzzi. (I say this because I thought it wasn't exactly brain surgery figuring out what I was saying, but apparently it was.)