Dumb AMCAS Primary Mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoofyGoober2

Reaction score
Somehow, where AMCAS asks for “Contact Title”, I put down Dr., Mrs., or Mr. for every single one of my activity references. For some reason I thought it was asking for salutations for when they contacted these people. This is where their job title should have been. I should’ve read the applicant guide for this part.🤦‍♀️ Its my understanding that this can’t be changed in AMCAS and I expect my app will be verified shortly anyways (submitted 6/6). Should I contact schools or just let this go and hope they don’t think I’m a complete buffoon.

Members don't see this ad.

The title is a dropdown menu for Dr/Mr/Ms etc, so you did it correctly.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
The title is a dropdown menu for Dr/Mr/Ms etc, so you did it correctly.
Really? That would be awesome but I’m pretty sure I goofed. The pdf shows the contacts name like so:

Billy Bob, Mr.

Where I thought it should look like:

Billy Bob, Associate Professor

Reactions: 1 user
I take back my answer about it being a dropdown menu. That said, I put Mr/Ms etc and that's correct as "title," when paired with a name, refers to their honorific.

If they wanted their job role it would be phrased as "role" or "position title" or something like that. It seriously shouldn't matter either way though.