Dumb question about reviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adizzle87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know this might sound really obvious but does reviewing the answers you get wrong in Destroyer and other mock tests significantly boost your score when ya'll took the real thing? I read about all these people going through their books and solutions cover to cover but how effectively has that worked for you guys?

Members don't see this ad.

So I know this might sound really obvious but does reviewing the answers you get wrong in Destroyer and other mock tests significantly boost your score when ya'll took the real thing? I read about all these people going through their books and solutions cover to cover but how effectively has that worked for you guys?

There is no point in doing questions if you don't see what you got wrong.
I am going to do the questions multiple times (until I start getting them 100% correct).

There is no point in doing questions if you don't see what you got wrong.
I am going to do the questions multiple times (until I start getting them 100% correct).

disagree doc, read the answers specially in destroyer, it gives you good information. good luck

I started to study for PAT since today and I already forgot OCHEM stuff that I studied yesterday :(

If you were 100% sure of a question and you get it right, then that's that.

If you guess correctly or if you get a question wrong, go over it. Look at each wrong answer and figure out what makes it wrong. Look at the right answer and figure out why it's right. Why did you choose the wrong answer? Why were you unsure of the right answer?

I would normally do a first and second pass through the notes but this was a VERY effective third pass. The questions you get correct are the bits of info that you have down pat but the ones you miss are the areas you need to brush up on. When you do all that stuff in the above paragraph, you are making sure that you remember everything else in the notes. I found that it 'sealed the deal' because you are applying it to something instead of just reading it. When I go to recall the info during a test, I find it easier to remember those things because I had gotten it wrong in a question once.