This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PsychMD1987

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I need help with an issue. I am a US citizen currently a resident planning to marry my girlfriend who is a non-US IMG applicant. We've known each other for 4 years and have been together for 3 years. I just want to know overall for programs, when she files a change of status around October, will her EAD to be eligible to work need to be ready by Match Day or at least April May before the start of residency ? I am just trying to get a gist of how most programs work. Ive been hearing some programs want it by match day and others are ok with it by June.
 
Hello,

I need help with an issue. I am a US citizen currently a resident planning to marry my girlfriend who is a non-US IMG applicant. We've known each other for 4 years and have been together for 3 years. I just want to know overall for programs, when she files a change of status around October, will her EAD to be eligible to work need to be ready by Match Day or at least April May before the start of residency ? I am just trying to get a gist of how most programs work. Ive been hearing some programs want it by match day and others are ok with it by June.
DM me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I need help with an issue. I am a US citizen currently a resident planning to marry my girlfriend who is a non-US IMG applicant. We've known each other for 4 years and have been together for 3 years. I just want to know overall for programs, when she files a change of status around October, will her EAD to be eligible to work need to be ready by Match Day or at least April May before the start of residency ? I am just trying to get a gist of how most programs work. Ive been hearing some programs want it by match day and others are ok with it by June.

Hi, I am a non-citizen AMG applying for my marriage-based green card. I was wondering what the general consensus on this question was. Thank you!