This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychMD1987

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I need help with an issue. I am a US citizen currently a resident planning to marry my girlfriend who is a non-US IMG applicant. We've known each other for 4 years and have been together for 3 years. I just want to know overall for programs, when she files a change of status around October, will her EAD to be eligible to work need to be ready by Match Day or at least April May before the start of residency ? I am just trying to get a gist of how most programs work. Ive been hearing some programs want it by match day and others are ok with it by June.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I need help with an issue. I am a US citizen currently a resident planning to marry my girlfriend who is a non-US IMG applicant. We've known each other for 4 years and have been together for 3 years. I just want to know overall for programs, when she files a change of status around October, will her EAD to be eligible to work need to be ready by Match Day or at least April May before the start of residency ? I am just trying to get a gist of how most programs work. Ive been hearing some programs want it by match day and others are ok with it by June.
DM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Hi, I am a non-citizen AMG applying for my marriage-based green card. I was wondering what the general consensus on this question was. Thank you!