Early application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOGGU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Question for you.....really curious...there was so much of talk in this forum about early application to schools especially like BU.My query is do I send an application even before I give my boards in june & then send them the marks to be qualified as an early applicant o & get into 2005 or do I post an application the minute I recieve my marks.Kindly clarify...this is hoping & praying that I do well in my boards.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Boggu,
Here is my 2 cents. Till the school gets the national board scores, your application is not complete and you will not be considered an early applicant. SI don't see any point in sending the other materials early.
If i were in u'r shoes, I would keep everything ready and send all the materials to BU the day i get my scores. It will also ensure that the school recieves all the application materials (except the toefl score from ETS and the copy of national board scores from ADA) in one packet(to minimize the risk of they saying that so-so documents are missing)

Hi DENTAL SUPREMO,
THANKS FOR CLARIFYING THAT DOUBT...IT WAS REALLY HELPFUL...WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE.tHANKS AGAIN FOR THE PROMPT REPLY.

Members don't see this ad :)
dental supremo is right boggu. if u havent taken ur toefl yet ,it would be better to takeit b4 ur boards or immediately after the boards so thtu get ur results soon and also apply for ur course to course ece evaluation as soon as possible and keep it ready.these 2 things takee a lot of time

Thankyou, Ann I have the both ready...just got to do well in my NBDE & move on....

Actually Boggu, I have a different view on this.

Maybe you weren't around last year when the July03 part 1 batch was anxiously waiting for the results, which didn't show up until late September, if I don't wrong recall.

If you look up those threads you'll see how nervous we were 'cause we were about to miss more than one deadline, as a matter of fact we did missed a few, like LLU and USC for example (at least I did).

From that experience I learned that it's better to have everything ready, take the test, when you're done with the test and you're confident of passing it with a "decent" score (whatever that is :rolleyes: ), apply to schools and make sure you request the ADA to send copies of your scores to those schools you applied. In your application submit a letter explaining your situation to them; tell them that you took your test in July and you're waiting for the results and that you already requested the ADA to send the results directly to them.

I know this increases the chances of misplaced documents, but if you're on top of them, they'll turn up eventually.

You don't have to do this with every school you're interested in, but only with the ones that have an early deadline (like Columbia, LLU, USC, UCLA, etc).

Well, this is just what I feel after having been trought the waiting anxiety. Hope seeign both faces of the coin, helps you make your decision better. Good luck.

I'll agree with meggs here Boggu.Even I missed out on a lot of deadlines last year .
And the result is that I still haven't heard an acceptance letter from any school:(

Maybe taking the cbt would be a beneficial idea, as the results come out within 3-4 weeks. Just a thought to chew on. This is ofcourse if you are comfortable with computer based tests, I know there is a lot of apprehension surrounding the cbt, since no one's taken it yet.

Hi Meggs,
Thankyou, for that information....I certainly will keep that in mind when I take the exams.

Hi Pinktooth,
Don't loose hope.....my prayers are always with you.

Originally posted by BOGGU
Hi Guys,
Question for you.....really curious...there was so much of talk in this forum about early application to schools especially like BU.My query is do I send an application even before I give my boards in june & then send them the marks to be qualified as an early applicant o & get into 2005 or do I post an application the minute I recieve my marks.Kindly clarify...this is hoping & praying that I do well in my boards.

Hi Boggu :

This is regardin BU ONLY & from my experience ,but you do not have to take my word on this .

I asked the same question as yours to BU admissions while appliying there .They told me that my application will not be concidered or reviewed UNLESS all the packet is complete :ECE,TOEFL,.................. .Even if you send your packet early,if it was missing any of thr requiered documents...it will be ON THE SHELVES .

Therefore ,try to have everyting you need Befor they open the admission for 2005 .

P.S :Your TOEFL MUST be MINIMUM =250

HI SAM,
THANKYOU .I WILL REMEMBER THAT BUDDY.WISH ME LUCK & PRAY FOR ME TOO!