early assurance program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about EAP's at SUNY Syracuse and Buffalo (e.g. acceptance rates, have any success stories)

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting nickname for someone wanting to be a physician. Remind me not to come to your E.R.
wink.gif

it's actually the month and year of my bday backwards.. it's interesting how it signifies something else though
(thanks for noticing =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just wondering whether those EAP programs limited to certain schools or not?

Sanman -- I only know that SUNY buffalo and Syracuse have early assurance programs. I don't think many other schools do, being unwilling to accept students that are sophomore undergrads.

SUNY Buffalo is beginning to work out a program where seniors in high schools can apply to their med school. The standards for them would be higher than the EAP for college sophomores (higher SAT scores). I think that they're only discussing it now; when this program will be implented is what I'm not sure of.

Sorry, I didn't make my self clear. What I meant to ask was whether or not you have to go to a certain undergrad school(like in a combined med program) to be eligible to apply to the EAP program. Thanks

The EAP programs are national and would consider an applicant from any school. The deadline for applying to UB is Feb 20, 2001 and for Syracuse: Apr 1, 2001.

The University of Connecticut School of Medicine also has an Early Assurance Program. It is open to college juniors. It's tough to get in from what I have heard.

Together

Just for those interested, UNC-Chapel Hill also has the program.

~Pegasus~