Early Decision process question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mml005

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my PharmCAS application for the early decision at my ideal school on the day it was due. However, PharmCAS did not have my transcripts into their system yet (they were on their way from my undergrad school already).
Basically, I sent my complete application in on the deadline for ED but the official transcripts weren't processed by then.
My question is, did I miss the ED deadline because of this? Or did I still make it? As of a few days ago, my transcripts got processed, and the deadline was 09/08.

Another important question: do pharmacy schools send an email of confirmation when they get your application? Or do they stay quiet until you get the acception/decline letter?

Thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
according to PharmCAS
"Do you want to be considered an Early Decision applicant?
Check the box if you want to be considered an Early Decision (ED) applicant. The Early Decision application deadline is September 8th, 2015. In addition to completing the PharmCAS application, you must arrange for PharmCAS to receive all of your transcripts by the September 8th deadline. If your transcripts or application fee arrive after September 8th, your application will be automatically changed over to regular decision."

Unfortunately I think you missed the ED deadline :/ i guess you can check this by trying to add more program designations? If they let you do it, then you're a regular.

2nd question: depends. You will at least get an email for supplemental application (for some schools) and another email for interview invitation. So i guess the answer is no they dont just stay quiet :D

Thanks for the reply! I checked the designation section on PharmCAS, and it does say that it got sent to that school on the 8th. There's no indication on whether or not it got received, but it was sent. I'm just concerned because they did not hesitate charging me. I just don't want $150 to go to nothing. And if I missed it, I want my money back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if you missed the early decision deadline, you will be an early candidate for regular decision. You're still in good shape! You're not out $150 for nothing.

Really? My application isn't lost? Phew - that takes a ton of pressure off my shoulders. Thank you for clarifying!! :)