Early Decision responses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smax

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I applied to VCU early decision and am wondering if anyone has heard back from them or ED dpt in general?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Chapman in CA and have not heard anything yet. :( They do not conduct interviews so I am waiting for their final decision.

Same here, no interview...just waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they are obliged to give you a response by the mid-end of sept. so you can apply to other schools in time.

The school I applied to does not interview, and they said I should receive an email on the decision the week of September 19th. -_-

Reactions: 1 user
I'm waiting too! Only a week or so left

Where'd you apply ED? Getting accepted ED would be a huge weight lifted off the shoulders. No more apps/essays/interviews, and getting into the top school we applied for. How are your stats?

GOOD LUCK!

Where'd you apply ED? Getting accepted ED would be a huge weight lifted off the shoulders. No more apps/essays/interviews, and getting into the top school we applied for. How are your stats?

GOOD LUCK!
Chapman. You? It's really hard to focus or care about anything else right now. I check my email every hour!

BA in Classics, University of Wisconsin
Cumulative GPA - 3.6
pGPA - 3.88
158 V, 152 Q, 4 AWA
100 inpatient hours
Microbio and physics in still progress

Good luck everyone. I'll post if I hear something

Chapman. You? It's really hard to focus or care about anything else right now. I check my email every hour!

BA in Classics, University of Wisconsin
Cumulative GPA - 3.6
pGPA - 3.88
158 V, 152 Q, 4 AWA
100 inpatient hours
Microbio and physics in still progress

Good luck everyone. I'll post if I hear something

I'm the same way, lol. I'm currently completing the second part to Physics and Chem to finish off my pre reqs, and it's hard to keep the motivation to do well in those classes high knowing that I already applied to PT school.

Applied ED to UW Madison, BS in Exercise Science.
Cumulative GPA - 3.9
pGPA - 3.86
GRE - 149, 149, 3.5 (really the only weak point in my app)
85 outpatient hours, 20 inpatient.

I'll post an update as well next week once I hear back.

I'm the same way, lol. I'm currently completing the second part to Physics and Chem to finish off my pre reqs, and it's hard to keep the motivation to do well in those classes high knowing that I already applied to PT school.

Applied ED to UW Madison, BS in Exercise Science.
Cumulative GPA - 3.9
pGPA - 3.86
GRE - 149, 149, 3.5 (really the only weak point in my app)
85 outpatient hours, 20 inpatient.

I'll post an update as well next week once I hear back.

Yay Madison! I loved UW. Good luck!!

I applied ED to VCU as well, nothing heard yet. Based on discussions at the open house, I'm hoping to hear something this week or next.

Hi, I applied to VCU early decision and am wondering if anyone has heard back from them or ED dpt in general?

I applied to VCU early decision as well. Haven't heard back yet but the contact at VCU said that they will let us know by the 24th at the latest if I remember correctly.

I applied to VCU early decision as well. Haven't heard back yet but the contact at VCU said that they will let us know by the 24th at the latest if I remember correctly.
Oh, that's good to know!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a confirmation email from the student services administrator after the entirety of my application had been received by VCU. They will notify us no later than Monday, 26 September.

I went to one of the open houses over the summer, and the admissions chair emphasized that they make every effort to notify ED applicants prior to the 26 Sept deadline in order to help us meet regular admission deadlines for other schools, in the event that Early admission isn't offered. I know that in the past, ED applicants to VCU have heard back in the neighborhood of 12-19 Sept, so keep an eye on your inbox (as I'm sure you probably already are) for the next few days. I'm a career changer, but I honestly feel like a high school kid waiting for college admissions all over again.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an acceptance email!

Just got my acceptance too! elated :) good luck everyone else I'm really hoping the best for all y'all !!!

Reactions: 2 users
I received my acceptance to Chapman as well! :)

Congrats! Must feel like a huge sigh of relief.

What were your stats?
They were:
Gre best of each: 167v, 152 q, 4
150 hours in 2 settings
3.79 and above GPA
I have a MSc in env. Science
This is a career change for me.

Just got an acceptance email!

@Smax and any others who got into VCU, congrats on your acceptance!! I am a current first year right now, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to message me! We look forward to having you here next summer!

@Smax and any others who got into VCU, congrats on your acceptance!! I am a current first year right now, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to message me! We look forward to having you here next summer!
Thanks so much, I'm sure I'll have some questions come spring!

Just got accepted to UW Madison! Good luck to everyone else that is hearing back this week.

I applied to Wash U in St. Louis! I received an e-mail awhile back saying my review date is September 20th, I'm hoping this also means I'll hear back tomorrow ☺️

I applied to Wash U in St. Louis! I received an e-mail awhile back saying my review date is September 20th, I'm hoping this also means I'll hear back tomorrow ☺️
ALPT2017 let us know if you hear from WashU today. My review date is October 11th and I'm hoping to hear from them by then! Good luck!! :)

I applied Ed to Wash u as well! review date is also sept 20- today. So nervous!!! I think I have decent stats/essays etc but I just have no idea if I'll get in or not. Not sure if they will tell us something today or later this week but I imagine if they decide today they would tell us at least by tomorrow. I'll let you know when I hear back! Best of luck!

Hi Women's Health PT! Did you apply to WashU Early Decision? I applied to another school ED and they scheduled an interview with me on October 13th. However, I am nervous as I am unable to apply to other programs. If they don't accept me after the interview, I am afraid it will be too late to apply other programs :(

Hi Women's Health PT! Did you apply to WashU Early Decision? I applied to another school ED and they scheduled an interview with me on October 13th. However, I am nervous as I am unable to apply to other programs. If they don't accept me after the interview, I am afraid it will be too late to apply other programs :(
I did not apply ED so that explains why my review date is a little later, and WashU does not conduct interviews. I might go ahead and contact the program and explain your concerns about how you will need to keep moving forward with other schools in case of a rejection. Did you apply through PTCAS ED? I thought I read something about how there is a certain date in which schools would notify you because it would limit your ability to apply to other schools etc. Which school is it?

I applied Ed to Wash u as well! review date is also sept 20- today. So nervous!!! I think I have decent stats/essays etc but I just have no idea if I'll get in or not. Not sure if they will tell us something today or later this week but I imagine if they decide today they would tell us at least by tomorrow. I'll let you know when I hear back! Best of luck!
I still haven't heard anything! Longest few days ever!

I got my acceptance from Belmont today!!!! Such a load off my shoulders (it's the only program I was going to be able to apply to for geographic constraints).

I still haven't heard anything! Longest few days ever!
I haven't heard either! I don't think there is anything to worry about unless they don't tell us by Monday. Mostly worried about scrambling next week to get the rest of my applications in on time if it's a no from wash u. Eeeeeek just.want.to.KNOWWW

I got my acceptance call from Wash U earlier this evening!!

Got my ED acceptance yesterday to Mount St. Mary's program. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

I got my acceptance call from Wash U earlier this evening!!
Congratss!!! that is awesome. I got waitlisted, ranked 4.5, so doubt i will get an acceptance, although I should probably call just to ask what the chances are. Either way, I'm glad I applied early to have an answer sooner and start getting excited about other options.

Congratss!!! that is awesome. I got waitlisted, ranked 4.5, so doubt i will get an acceptance, although I should probably call just to ask what the chances are. Either way, I'm glad I applied early to have an answer sooner and start getting excited about other options.

Heyjackie and ALPT2017, do you mind me asking your stats? I am thinking of applying regular decision, but before I pay to send my scores and transcripts, I want to see my chances.

They were:
Gre best of each: 167v, 152 q, 4
150 hours in 2 settings
3.79 and above GPA
I have a MSc in env. Science
This is a career change for me.

Congrats!

I applied ED to the VCU DPT program and was deferred to regular decision. Has anyone else heard from VCU yet?