• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

akaykay

Rookie
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2006
Square bear from Delaware
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Any good ideas for part-time jobs or earning money on the side?

No I'm not a greedy pharmacist but my fiance and I would like to buy a house within the next year or two and I'm the only income earner since he is still in school for another 2 years.
Pharmacy jobs are obviously hard to come by in my area. I can't even get a call back on tech jobs that I've applied for. :(

any help is appreciated

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Innisfree
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
What do you know how to do?
Professional organizing, housecleaning, dog walker/sitter, assist an elderly person with errands/take to appointments, tutoring, substitute teacher - a few ideas

cycloketocaine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
The Boonies
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

No I'm not a greedy pharmacist but my fiance and I would like to buy a house within the next year or two and I'm the only income earner since he is still in school for another 2 years.
Pharmacy jobs are obviously hard to come by in my area. I can't even get a call back on tech jobs that I've applied for. :(

any help is appreciated

I guess you ended up pulling out of your residency?

About the Ads

awval999

15+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

any help is appreciated

You really are applying for technician jobs? You have a first-professional doctorate degree. Do you understand that no one would hire you for a technician job. They think your application is a joke and/or if not why you are so undesirable that you are applying for jobs that pay $10/hour.

JerryPharmD

Salt Miner
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 7, 2006
AZ
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Any staffing agencies in your area? Get licenses in nearby states and travel (as I imagine the East coast would be more amicable to this)

In AZ, there are little towns spread out up to 3 hours away with per diem jobs. I know a guy that goes to Havasu from California.

Lnsean

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
any good ideas for part-time jobs or earning money on the side?

No i'm not a greedy pharmacist but my fiance and i would like to buy a house within the next year or two and i'm the only income earner since he is still in school for another 2 years.
Pharmacy jobs are obviously hard to come by in my area. I can't even get a call back on tech jobs that i've applied for. :(

any help is appreciated

stop applying for technician jobs....please!

rxlea

Almost a unicorn
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Any staffing agencies in your area? Get licenses in nearby states and travel (as I imagine the East coast would be more amicable to this)

In AZ, there are little towns spread out up to 3 hours away with per diem jobs. I know a guy that goes to Havasu from California.

Yeah you better jump on these quick. We're about to graduate 80 students some of which have done rural rotations in those little towns.

CUpharmD2013

7+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

any help is appreciated

Any experience waiting tables? Can be a good source of quick income.

mustang sally

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
The middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Ebay. If you don't have a house full of crap to sell, you can always look around at garage/estate sales. It's not the easiest way to make money, but you get to employ yourself. :)

schamj01

May 28, 2010
West Lafayette, IN
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
you could try tutoring high school/college students.

I would think a PharmD would be impressive to parents looking for someone who knows stuff to teach their kid.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Teaching a night class at a university? It was suggested to me by a professor that I could "come teach" whenever I was complaining about pharmacy. :oops:

KARM12

15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2006
East
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Sticking with your residency would have been a stable income for a year. Making $45k/yr is better than no income.

Jul 12, 2008
Out to Pasture
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Teaching a night class at a university? It was suggested to me by a professor that I could "come teach" whenever I was complaining about pharmacy. :oops:

I would halfway consider this. Seems like it could be fun, and you're not really part of the establishment if you don't want to be. I know our local CC pays crap, though. I think it's a grand or 1500 a semester for each 3 hour course you teach.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.