Easiest BS/MD Medical Program to get into

gotmilklol

High Skooler
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any BS/MD Medical Program to get into

Members don't see this ad.

honestly, there is NO such thing as a BS/MD program that is "easy to get into"- the spots are filled by some of the most academically gifted students in the United States with SAT scores near perfect and GPA's that are ridiculously high... along with extra-curriculars that rival that of college pre-meds

I tend to disagree with that. Brown's BS/MD is much more difficult than Drexel. Most are difficult to get into. The easiest programs are generally offered through affiliated colleges. I.e. Big U Med school with Podunk college programs are generally easier to get into than Big U undergrad and Big U med. BS/DO, BS/DPM and BS/DMD/DDS may be somewhat less competitive although BS/DO and BS/Dental may be just as difficult to get into depending on the school offering the program. I am in a BS/DO at NSU with NSU-COM the average CR+M is a 1350 or so for Osteopathic medicine weighted GPA >4.0 and unweighted >3.5 in general. It is a competitive program to get into. Applying to a large number of programs is advised. I applied to 6 schools went onto second round consideration at 3, had 1 interview and was accepted to one school. Some programs are more difficult to get into than their respective MD programs. I wouldn't change the knowledge that I am accepted to medical school for anything, the sense of security is worth it. It is a long slog, my first BS/MD/DO apps went out in September and was finally accepted in late April. Apply broadly. If I knew more about your stats I would be better able to assess your chances for various programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tend to disagree with that. Brown's BS/MD is much more difficult than Drexel. Most are difficult to get into. The easiest programs are generally offered through affiliated colleges. I.e. Big U Med school with Podunk college programs are generally easier to get into than Big U undergrad and Big U med. BS/DO, BS/DPM and BS/DMD/DDS may be somewhat less competitive although BS/DO and BS/Dental may be just as difficult to get into depending on the school offering the program. I am in a BS/DO at NSU with NSU-COM the average CR+M is a 1350 or so for Osteopathic medicine weighted GPA >4.0 and unweighted >3.5 in general. It is a competitive program to get into. Applying to a large number of programs is advised. I applied to 6 schools went onto second round consideration at 3, had 1 interview and was accepted to one school. Some programs are more difficult to get into than their respective MD programs. I wouldn't change the knowledge that I am accepted to medical school for anything, the sense of security is worth it. It is a long slog, my first BS/MD/DO apps went out in September and was finally accepted in late April. Apply broadly. If I knew more about your stats I would be better able to assess your chances for various programs.
If only I had your foresight...I'd be a third year resident by now.

I'm putting together a list of all the BS/MD programs in the US. It has the average accepted GPA, SAT/ACT score, information on the schools, whether or not a MCAT is required for the medical school, and the GPA requirements to continue on after receiving the BS/BA. It should be done relatively soon (a few days, probably three). So check back in a few days, and you can see if your stats match any of those schools.

-Fedekz

There aren't any "easy" ones, but I think they're generally a bad idea anyway. As a high school student, you can't possibly be 100% sure you want to go into medicine, and being trapped in a BS/MD program is the last thing you want if you decide otherwise.

There aren't any "easy" ones, but I think they're generally a bad idea anyway. As a high school student, you can't possibly be 100% sure you want to go into medicine, and being trapped in a BS/MD program is the last thing you want if you decide otherwise.

I disagree that there aren't "easy ones". Not every programs expect 4.0, 1600; if they did I wouldn't be in one. Some are difficult Northwestern, Brown and PSU/JMC come to mind. Smaller programs with liberal arts colleges or master's universities are definitely easier than Big U/Big name med school. My only word of advice is know thy program. Some are notorious for flunking out large portions of the programs, i.e. 3.5+ GPA, 27+ MCATs come to mind. As to being trapped, you can always elect not to go to med school. If you're unsure do a 4+4 program and don't go onto med school. Nobody ever knows what they're getting into, whether in HS or College, when they decide to go to med school. If you can't get into a BS/MD program consider a BS/DMD or DDS program as they tend to be unsubscribed. It's another interesting option to consider, not knocking dentistry but for some reason it does tend to be easier to get into a BS/DDS/DMD programs and may be worth giving thought to as well.