You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Easiest class to hardest class in undergrad!
Started by goft20
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Easiest: Physics
Hardest: Real Analysis
Hardest: Real Analysis
Easiest - Wind Ensemble
Hardest - Instrumental Conducting
Hardest - Instrumental Conducting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Easiest for me: Sciences and math. (I'm naturally good at science and math.)
Hardest for me: A sight-reading singing class (Under my circumstances, I didn't read music like the rest of the class at the beginning of the semester and had to learn extremely fast, and my dorm's piano was out of tune without my knowing which made things more difficult.)
I was a first generation college student and honestly didn't know that college grades mattered or that graduate school existed when I was a freshman, so I took classes that interested me regardless of how I thought I would perform.
Hardest for me: A sight-reading singing class (Under my circumstances, I didn't read music like the rest of the class at the beginning of the semester and had to learn extremely fast, and my dorm's piano was out of tune without my knowing which made things more difficult.)
I was a first generation college student and honestly didn't know that college grades mattered or that graduate school existed when I was a freshman, so I took classes that interested me regardless of how I thought I would perform.
freshmen Biology was easiest
physics 2 or orgo 1 hardest for me
physics 2 or orgo 1 hardest for me
Easiest class for me: orgo 1
Hardest class: gen chem 2
Hardest class: gen chem 2
D
deleted407021
Easiest: US History
Most Difficult (annoying): Physics II
Most Difficult (annoying): Physics II
Easiest: General Chemistry
Hardest: Transport Phenomena (Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Momentum Transfer combined into one class
)
Hardest: Transport Phenomena (Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Momentum Transfer combined into one class
)easiest: general biology
hardest: physical anthropology
hardest: physical anthropology
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that anyone who took this class will agree with me without a doubt..... philosophy! Really interesting as well.
Hmm... hard to say, because classes far in my memory are difficult to judge objectively.
Easiest: Calculus 1
Hardest: Waves, Optics & Quantum Physics? The professor was absolutely unbearable and made everything much more complicated than it could have been.
Easiest: Calculus 1
Hardest: Waves, Optics & Quantum Physics? The professor was absolutely unbearable and made everything much more complicated than it could have been.
Easiest - psychology
Hardest - physics 1. I had a poor algebra background and essentially had to relearn algebra during it.
Hardest - physics 1. I had a poor algebra background and essentially had to relearn algebra during it.
Easiest: Bio and OChem and Pharmacology
Hardest: World Lit & Gen Chem I
Hardest: World Lit & Gen Chem I
Easiest: Organic Chemistry I
Hardest: Anything related to analysis.
Hardest: Anything related to analysis.
Easiest: biochem I
Hardest: tie between Orgo 1 & developmental bio
Yes my biochem class was easier than my bio 101. If you went to my school and had this professor you would understand why lol. He should've been fired. Ugh
Hardest: tie between Orgo 1 & developmental bio
Yes my biochem class was easier than my bio 101. If you went to my school and had this professor you would understand why lol. He should've been fired. Ugh
Easiest: computer literacy
Hardest: instrumental analysis
Hardest: instrumental analysis
Engineer, math, and physics majors laugh at every post ITT
Engineer, math, and physics majors laugh at every post ITT
About 1/3 of the posts have mentioned an upper year math, physics or engineering class (that only a math, engineering or physics major would take) as their hardest class. I can't imagine the average Bio major saying "Going to take complex analysis, yolo" 0_O
Easiest: OCHEM
Hardest: Intermediate swimming
Hardest: Intermediate swimming
Easiest: Calc 3
Hardest: Mechanics 411
Hardest: Mechanics 411
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About 1/3 of the posts have mentioned an upper year math, physics or engineering class (that only a math, engineering or physics major would take) as their hardest class. I can't imagine the average Bio major saying "Going to take complex analysis, yolo" 0_O
I posted Complex Analysis, I was a math major, and I laughed a lot of these posts.
I posted Complex Analysis, I was a math major, and I laughed a lot of these posts.
I posted Real Analysis or Topology and was a Math major. Complex Analysis is the only math class I got an A in (I never attended any of my lectures, and I didn't study either). I can hardly laugh at what someone else finds difficult. My ex-girlfriend thought her quantitative methods for sociology class was difficult while I was sitting there trying to figure out what the Heine-Borel theorem was about. Doesn't mean it wasn't difficult for her.
Easiest: Biochem I
Hardest: Gen Bio I
...I think I'm weird...
Hardest: Gen Bio I
...I think I'm weird...
From easiest to hardest for me was: Bio 1, Bio 2, Physics 1, O. Chem 1, Physics 2, O. Chem 2, G. Chem 1, G. Chem 2.
I posted Real Analysis or Topology and was a Math major. Complex Analysis is the only math class I got an A in (I never attended any of my lectures, and I didn't study either). I can hardly laugh at what someone else finds difficult. My ex-girlfriend thought her quantitative methods for sociology class was difficult while I was sitting there trying to figure out what the Heine-Borel theorem was about. Doesn't mean it wasn't difficult for her.
While you seem like an optimistic person, that's not how it works.
Thermodynamics is objectively more difficult than sociology, where you would have to intentionally study the wrong information just to get something under an A
While you seem like an optimistic person, that's not how it works.
Thermodynamics is objectively more difficult than sociology, where you would have to intentionally study the wrong information just to get something under an A
Of course, and I never denied that. I just don't see any reason to laugh at what someone else finds difficult.
D
deleted407021
Yeah, I know some physics majors who can barely tie their shoes, much less tackle a 25 page sociology paper.
Yeah, I know some physics majors who can barely tie their shoes, much less tackle a 25 page sociology paper.
Exactly. I think that numerous people ITT would be surprised about how much logical thinking and analysis skills a rigorous sociology, philosophy or literature class requires.
Easiest: African Drumming
Hardest: Orgo
Hardest: Orgo
D
deleted407021
Sometimes, too much value is based on science classes. Some (at least one) on SDN have had the sentiment that only hard science majors should get into medical school -_-. There's a lot to the humanities and social sciences that people need to explore.Exactly. I think that numerous people ITT would be surprised about how much logical thinking and analysis skills a rigorous sociology, philosophy or literature class requires.
Yep! I've done quite a bit of math, and more recently some philosophy, and there's a lot of logical thinking that's common to both. It always bothers me when people make fun of "easy" majors -- difficulty is relative, and there are many science/math/engineering majors who couldn't think critically about a written work to save their lives.Exactly. I think that numerous people ITT would be surprised about how much logical thinking and analysis skills a rigorous sociology, philosophy or literature class requires.
Easiest: General Chemistry or English
Hardest: Biology(First Quarter)
(Sophomore)
Hardest: Biology(First Quarter)
(Sophomore)
Last edited:
Bio I was crazy hard for me too......Gymnosperms and Angiosperms? Zygomycota? Platyhelminthes? WHAT?Easiest: Biochem I
Hardest: Gen Bio I
...I think I'm weird...
Easiest: Psychology
Hardest: Laboratory in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Moral of the story: when your advisor tells you it's okay to take a 400 level laboratory course in your freshman year, find a new advisor.
Hardest: Laboratory in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Moral of the story: when your advisor tells you it's okay to take a 400 level laboratory course in your freshman year, find a new advisor.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hardest - Organic Chemistry 1
Easiest - Tie for Introduction to Music and Introduction to Theatre
Easiest - Tie for Introduction to Music and Introduction to Theatre
Easiest: Introduction to Medical Careers (Simple, informative, and necessary to graduate)
Hardest: Mathematical Logic and Proof. You take it after you take Calc II, and I was not too keen about waking up at 4 to commute to school in order to make it to class (the professor literally just read off the slides)
Hardest: Mathematical Logic and Proof. You take it after you take Calc II, and I was not too keen about waking up at 4 to commute to school in order to make it to class (the professor literally just read off the slides)
Easiest: Introduction to Medical Careers (Simple, informative, and necessary to graduate)
Hardest: Mathematical Logic and Proof. You take it after you take Calc II, and I was not too keen about waking up at 4 to commute to school in order to make it to class (the professor literally just read off the slides)
Wait, your easiest class wasn't transformations?

Maths will be the death of meWait, your easiest class wasn't transformations?![]()
D
deleted407021
I tell you what. I'm looking forward to not resting my eyes on a single physics equation for an entire year after physics II is over.Maths will be the death of me
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 587