1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Easiest Dental Schools to get Admissions into

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by MyohMy, Oct 31, 2002.

1. MyohMy

MyohMy Junior Member

Hi, I will be applying to dental schools however I am a borderline candidate, 3.0 GPA and 18/19s across the boards on the DAT which I plan to take again. Which Dental schools are the easiest to get into, I have always wanted to be a dentist, and right now just want to somehow get it, somewhere, anywhere. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AcidETCH

AcidETCH UPENN SDM '07
    7+ Year Member

Hrmm....I wouldn't say that any school is easier or not easier to get into. In my opinion, getting in to any dental school is competitive. My suggestion is to apply very early in the application process. This will give you an advantage since dental schools admit on a rolling basis. As far as I know, NYU interviews a lot of applicants and has one of the largest class size among all the dental schools. This, statistically, should be benefitial in terms of receiving an interview/acceptance.

Besides, getting accepted is based more on marks and that is why they have interviews. Looking at your stats, you should be able to get into a dental school. Just remember that non-academic stuff goes a long way in showing the Adcoms how dedicated you are in pursuing this profession.

Hopefully, I've helped partially answer your question. Best of luck on your application.

AE

4. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    BU has the highest acceptance rate. 1 in 3 chance.

5. ItNeverEnds

ItNeverEnds Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Where can you find average numbers for dental school applicants/accepted/matriculants?

6. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There are a number of publications out there with those statistics. I got the BU number from one put out by ASDA.

More than likely you can find them in your school's career/advising center, or in your school's book store.

I'm sure you can find it on the web also, but I don't have a convienent link.