Easiest Dental Schools to get Admissions into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyohMy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will be applying to dental schools however I am a borderline candidate, 3.0 GPA and 18/19s across the boards on the DAT which I plan to take again. Which Dental schools are the easiest to get into, I have always wanted to be a dentist, and right now just want to somehow get it, somewhere, anywhere. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hrmm....I wouldn't say that any school is easier or not easier to get into. In my opinion, getting in to any dental school is competitive. My suggestion is to apply very early in the application process. This will give you an advantage since dental schools admit on a rolling basis. As far as I know, NYU interviews a lot of applicants and has one of the largest class size among all the dental schools. This, statistically, should be benefitial in terms of receiving an interview/acceptance.

Besides, getting accepted is based more on marks and that is why they have interviews. Looking at your stats, you should be able to get into a dental school. Just remember that non-academic stuff goes a long way in showing the Adcoms how dedicated you are in pursuing this profession.

Hopefully, I've helped partially answer your question. Best of luck on your application.

AE

BU has the highest acceptance rate. 1 in 3 chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where can you find average numbers for dental school applicants/accepted/matriculants?

There are a number of publications out there with those statistics. I got the BU number from one put out by ASDA.

More than likely you can find them in your school's career/advising center, or in your school's book store.

I'm sure you can find it on the web also, but I don't have a convienent link.