Easiest US MD school to get into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wytosk

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
gpa and mcat-wise

Members don't see this ad.

I think Washington U. in St. Louis has lowest MCAT and GPA means. :p

There is no answer for this. It depends on your state of residency. Texas, Louisiana, and Vermont resients have it easier than other states. California schools are very tough to get into, and for people without any state medical schools, you need to rely on "easier" private schools. Some might say Finch is the biggest gimme, others would say places like Albany, NYMC, or Drexel.

Members don't see this ad :)
The easiest med school to get into in the US is Finch.

I remember a girl in my kaplan class had a book of info on allopathic schools, and it listed the university of north dakota at an 24 or so for avg mcat. I believe that was the lowest we found. Our standing joke was that we'd always go to north dakota if we had too. Not that north dakota is a bad school by anymeans.

It's not in the continental US, but how about Ponce School of Medicine in Puerto Rico? It's included in the AAMC and is LCME accredited last time I checked. According to Princeton Review:

Average Undergrad GPA= 3.4
MCAT Bio= 6.7
MCAT Phys= 6.7
MCAT Verbal= 7.2
MCAT Essay= K
Acceptance rate= 19.75

Of course they have preference for Puerto Ricans, you have to be able to speak Spanish enough to get by, some clinicals are in Puerto Rico, and some people and PDs attach a stigma to it. Feel free to correct me if any of my info is wrong. Just a thought...

This kinda talk is crazy. No schools are easy. The adcoms put everybody's apps on the wall and throw darts.

I'd say these schools would be the easiest:

University of North Dakota for ND residents
Medical College of Ohio for residents of certain parts of Ohio
The two LSU schools for residents of La
UTSA, TT, and UTH for texas residents(pick one)
USC and MUSC for South Carolina residents
Mercer for residents of certain parts of Georgia
Univ. Of Mississippi for residents of Mississippi

There are probably 10-15 more that are this "easy" and they would all be specific to residents of a particular state. I wouldn't say that any school that doesn't give high state preferance would be easy for anyone.