east side snowboarders?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nitro girl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey Im a second year, transplanted from CO now in NY> looking for people who are into snowboarding. I can do killington, mt snow, gore, all of VT easily. any takers? time is tight, i know, but, well, Im not in rotations yet and theres always notesets, right?

thats my plea...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just getting started with snowboarding..
long time skiier, but I'm down in PA...

we have sad little mountains out here..
:(

Of course I'm new at it so I dont care :D

they don't have hills in PA do they? not like there is snow anyhow. youre going into path? Is that your story? The fricken snow is melting here, which is all well and good for driving, but i wanted to go to killington for new years...curses! whats your story, ever been to VT?

canada?

tell all!

Members don't see this ad :)
They do have hills, little itty bitty hills....

(actually thats just localing in south central pa)
No snow at all in PA...

I have never been skiing in VT, but I hear its good there and in NH...
and no to canada wither...

But I used to ski the rockies for years before med school...

And yeah I'm going into Pathology, thats my st ory and I'm sticking to it...

-DjMd

where in the rockies? i had an offer to go to vail for new years, can't swing the dough though. feck. no snow here either, my friend downstate is advising downhill biking. Im scared....actually...used to race mnt bikes out there. anyhow. DJ-MD? trance? no? hip hop? Id rather think about anything right now than medicine. brain fried. cardio final on sat.
and i hope you are sticking to it. someone needs to

I'm a good skier. new boarder though. In calif we had good mountains. but here in MO, there is one itty bitty hill. they have a few "so-called" intermediates, but really they are beginners.

<a href="http://www.10000inns.com/ski_conditions.htm" target="_blank">http://www.10000inns.com/ski_conditions.htm</a>

check it. :) you can look up ski resorts in your area. you can also find something at weather.com/ski/

we need a better ski place here in MO. but to find anything half way decent, you need to drive six hours.

beginer slopes aren't tooo boring if they have bumps/terrain. I like to catch air with my skis.

Im sorry youre in MO&gt; at least here there are hills...VT has terrain like the first part of the I-70 resorts...ugh, vail, winter park, copper...but it doesn't keep going up like out there...and conditions are only good when its fresh otherwise its hella icy! yikes!

skiing is cool, as long as youre getting air...ok, Im biased. i ride with skiers a lot, thats just whats here on the eassyyyde.

I have skiied all over Colorado, (but not Vail)
and Montana... lots of snowbase and powder...
But they are having late starts...

Second year sucks!
All those exams and classes...
But fear not, I made it so you can too!
Third year is more rewarding...
four year? its just interviewing...

Oh and I listen to trance, and most things electronic. I dabble in making some myself...

And Sonya,
I'm sorry you have to ski in MO...
but glad to have you here... I was going to rename the forum Dj Md and Nitro Girl's forum.

montana...they shoot folks that aint like em out thair, don't thay?

holy no snow. we should rename the forum, "yeah, if it snowed I could possibly be looking for folks to talk about snowboarding" or some other drearily long name. with latin names for things. preferably.

so back to non med topics...trance? do you go to raves? how about over twenty one venues that have guys like dj dan or oakenfold or sasha...ah sasha, personal fav..? I haven't in a while, but hope to over break. missed the digweed/sasha gig in denver by one day over thanksgiving...curses

what about punk?

back to skiing....how about warren miller flicks? i just feel like hucking myself off stuff after watching them, although his music selection is weak these days...maybe i should send him a letter

rambling. low sleep. these topics, more? talk amoungst yourselves

hey nitro girl, you sound like the kids i used to hang out with in south lake tahoe when i lived there....have you ever rode tahoe? i'm not big on corporate ski resorts (i never rode heavenly because of it), so my season pass was at a smaller, but super kick back mtn, Sierra @ Tahoe. They usually held one of the Vans Triple Crown competitions there (because of the great terrain). Kirkwood is probably, by far, the best on the South side. As for North shore, Sugar Bowl and Alpine Meadows are good mountains, but too many punky kids.

I'm a cruiser and tree girl myself. Nothing beats first tracks and freshies in the morning! I'm a bit of a weenie when it comes to the half-pipe...i am one of those riders who cruises right down the middle or drops in and gets the hell out.

One of my good friends while i was in tahoe was from burlington, vt. She used to work at Killington and she agree that it was a bit icy. She couldn't believe the powder we had in the Sierras. I would love to ride Colorado....i've been to Utah and liked it.

too bad you don't live on the west coast! i'd ride with you anytime.

Shoot people like you?
Well we dont shoot girl or snowboarders..
People who listen to trance/techno maybe.. it is montana (I left didn't i)
Beyond that I dont know why they would shoot you... :p

I don't go to many raves, need sleep too much.
I go to clubs when I am in a town that has them.

It has been raining here so much that I was thinking about going skiing...

Water skiing, the parking lot looks like a lake most days.

oh well back to studying for board (no not snowboards)

Originally posted by buglady:
•hey nitro girl, you sound like the kids i used to hang out with in south lake tahoe when i lived there....have you ever rode tahoe? i'm not big on corporate ski resorts (i never rode heavenly because of it), so my season pass was at a smaller, but super kick back mtn, Sierra @ Tahoe. They usually held one of the Vans Triple Crown competitions there (because of the great terrain). Kirkwood is probably, by far, the best on the South side. As for North shore, Sugar Bowl and Alpine Meadows are good mountains, but too many punky kids.

I'm a cruiser and tree girl myself. Nothing beats first tracks and freshies in the morning! I'm a bit of a weenie when it comes to the half-pipe...i am one of those riders who cruises right down the middle or drops in and gets the hell out.

One of my good friends while i was in tahoe was from burlington, vt. She used to work at Killington and she agree that it was a bit icy. She couldn't believe the powder we had in the Sierras. I would love to ride Colorado....i've been to Utah and liked it.

too bad you don't live on the west coast! i'd ride with you anytime.•••

Kirkwood is cool! i been there once when I was with my step brother. usually i went to north tahoe though. Actually, moslty i just went to boreal and donner. They were small, but cheap. but compared to here, they're big.
hmm, i'm going to chicago during the break, they're are nice places between st. louis and chicago.

but the damn ski season is NEVER gonna start this year, it seems. It's great not to need to bundle up to go outside... but is they're going to be any snow, or frost, or hail, or ice or anything this year???

yeah, guess this was a dj/nitro thread.

there's been some good, quick storms that have dumped quite a bit of snow in the sierras. i kicked myself for not going riding today, the sky was sooo blue. it would have been too crowded, anyway.

soon, very soon!

Hye west coaster stop making us east coster feel bad.. :(

bunch of jerks :p :D

hola
hey path guy...yeah, it was now its taken over by wessssyyydddddahs!....

exams on the weekend. what a dirty trick. i know two things for sure after this weekend
1) i am not going into cardiology
2) i can't wait to get the puck outta albany in a few days!

saw drum and bass last night though. you'd a dug it dj md, good stuff, little jungley too....so nice

wesssyydddahs- buglady, hell yeah we coulda kicked it in the freshies! i miss altitude!!!! sob! and blue skies and taking lifts up and over the clouds and gasping to breath just walking from the lift to the hill...and cornices! oi vey!

anyhow. thats my 2.5 cents for today. and no, no snow here either but it got cold....or, chilly chill, yo!

Ahh sounds nice, DnB with Jungle...

Going home for Xmas?

I don't think cardiology is much like card exams..
but hey don't take my ord for it... I'm Path.

-DjMd

Originally posted by djmd:
•Hye west coaster stop making us east coster feel bad.. :(

bunch of jerks :p :D •••

sorry, but i can't hide the truth...dry sierra powder is the best in the west!

another storm is coming our way....i hear my board calling me from the other room, "i've waited long enough, damn it!"

nitro girl, are you going home to CO for the break? if so, have fun riding!

b-lady

naw, i wish. actually going north to MN to visit family. boarding later, maybe. might go to austria for spring break to catch euro powder. depends on how many weapons Im able to bring on the plane...god knows i don't want to travel without my uzi!!!

(that was a joke, BTW, for those of you w/o a sense of humor)

anyhow. eastside rain. did you board this weekend. was it sweet? i see theres snow dumping in CA and some in UT...CO getting a bit too, haven't heard much from the lads/ladies out there, i imagine they are boarding though.
thats all i know. how sad is that?

Originally posted by nitro girl:
•b-lady

naw, i wish. actually going north to MN to visit family. boarding later, maybe. might go to austria for spring break to catch euro powder. depends on how many weapons Im able to bring on the plane...god knows i don't want to travel without my uzi!!!

(that was a joke, BTW, for those of you w/o a sense of humor)

anyhow. eastside rain. did you board this weekend. was it sweet? i see theres snow dumping in CA and some in UT...CO getting a bit too, haven't heard much from the lads/ladies out there, i imagine they are boarding though.
thats all i know. how sad is that?•••

n-girl,

i'm going this thursday, if i can get up the hill without any major road closures. i just emailed a friend who lives up in north shore...she said it was DUMPING--snowflakes the size of golf-balls. Ha.

have fun in the great white north, MN.

P.S. Austria would absolutely rock. My brother is currently living in Sicily and they even have a few mountains....looked a little too flat for me...still, it's snow.

Hey,

anyone know what snow is like in Wisconsin?

That's where we're going... about an hour away from chicago. well, at least the resort is good... compared to the puny thing we have in MO.

no snow here yet..... the resorts aren't even open! ;(

Snow in WI is impressive..
Its actually forzen milk not water..
so its extra white (and creamy)

Off to MT soon.. snow snow snow...
(take that west coasters!!)
:D