East Texas, starting salary > 500, 14 weeks off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anesthesia_tx

Reaction score
We have several positions open in Longview TX due to retirement and people relocating.

Looking to staff up to 10 anesthesiologists, currently have six full time, one part time, and three locums.

Starting salary over $500k W2 regardless of experience. Sign-on bonus, CME fund, malpractice paid.

8 weeks PTO, call is a night float with the week off after night float (6-8 weeks per year). Home call, not in-house.

Blocks, bread and butter pedi, hearts negotiable (100 hearts per year), neuro. No OB.

90% CRNA supervision.

Great quality of life job.

Please PM or email [email protected] with questions. Gaswork post listed below.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually it’s a great job, Longview is not the best location in some people’s opinion, but we love it. I usually work 35-40 hours a week with 8 weeks off. One week of night float every 6-8 weeks with post night float week off.

Reactions: 1 user
How many hours per week? How many weekends?
35-40 hours per week. Every 4-5 weekends. Two people cover every weekend. Night is covered by the night float person and day is covered by someone else.

Reactions: 1 users
What time does night float start and end? How busy is it? Are they typically at home most of the time or at the hospital all night?

If the night float week isn’t too busy, then this is quite a nice job. Only 35-40 hours per week making $500k with up to 16 weeks off.

The cons are obviously location and supervising CRNAs.

What time does night float start and end? How busy is it? Are they typically at home most of the time or at the hospital all night?
Starts at 3pm on weekdays and 5pm on weekends. Home by 10pm about 80% of the time. Occasionally come back at night for a case, maybe once a week.

By your math I assume the post night float weeks off are not included as vacation.

Members don't see this ad :)
This type of job is the new "norm" for W-2. In order to compete with locums, the W-2 pay must reflect the hours worked. So, if you run the math on this job the PTO/Post Call Week combined with the benefits reflects the pay for the hours spent at the hospital. As long as you don't mind Longview the job is worth looking at.

The approximate hourly rate for this position if you include all the benefits is $425.00 per hour. So, you aren't working for "less money." You must live in Longview and that is a personal decision.
Well, thats the rub. I get to pick and choose what benefits I want. Additionally, I can get benefits through my spouse which would obviate the need to take less through W-2 with a lower pay than the locums would get. Still equates to less money by way of less deductions and flexibility in choosing benefits. Not to mention schedule and call duties.

Well, thats the rub. I get to pick and choose what benefits I want. Additionally, I can get benefits through my spouse which would obviate the need to take less through W-2 with a lower pay than the locums would get. Still equates to less money by way of less deductions and flexibility in choosing benefits. Not to mention schedule and call duties.
For some people a W-2 position will never be good enough vs a 1099. Tax benefits and self-scheduling are just too important for some. But, for those who want a steady job in one location, the pay for the work load at Longview is very fair. These days that's the key for a W-2 position: fair compensation for the hours you put in.

For some people a W-2 position will never be good enough vs a 1099. Tax benefits and self-scheduling are just too important for some. But, for those who want a steady job in one location, the pay for the work load at Longview is very fair. These days that's the key for a W-2 position: fair compensation for the hours you put in.

It’s sounds fine, but I don’t think post-night float weeks are really ‘weeks off’.

100 heart cases per year? Surely you're missing a 0 there?
That's 20 days work

4/1 supervision or ? Relationship w crnas? Some of these outskirts areas have militant crnas that think they’re independent but that’s illegal in Texas. Very militant crna group’s backed up by admin who don’t care about details just want cases done - Waxahachie at least used to be like this.