eastern virginia medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medstudent2005

Welcome to the Jungle
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello

I am just wondering if there's anyone who can give me some info on this program? I have checked out their website etc and thought of it as being a pretty good program, but i'd like some further input.

is there any website which kind of gives a rank of the different radiology programs?

thanks
 
medstudent2005 said:
is there any website which kind of gives a rank of the different radiology programs?
thanks

No, thank god. Just go where you feel like you can get a good education and would want to live for 4 years.
 
medstudent2005 said:
hello

Re: EVMS

I am currently a PGY5 in radiology at EVMS and I have to say that the program is excellent. It is run by two large private practice groups who have an excellent attitude towards educating the residents. I have never, and I mean NEVER, felt scutted or utilized to perform the work of an attending. About 95% of the attendings are fellowship trained with multiple fellow trained attendings in each specialty. That relates to several types of teaching styles and knowledge bases. In the residency we have a free standing Children's hospital with three fellow trained radiologists, all who love to teach, where you can spend extra time if you so choose in your third or fourth years. The main teaching hospital has all of the accompanying residencies that go with a Major level one trauma center, except neuro-surg and ortho. As residents we are very relaxed and have a great relation with the attending staff. The program was just reviewed by ACGME and provided a five year certificate to continue. Also, we have a good track record of placing residents into fellowship programs at excellent institutions should they choose that track. All in all I am very happy that I matched at EVMS and would not in any way wish I had gone any where else. I hope this helps you, good luck with your decision.

A.P. Loiacono, M.D. 🙂
 
hey, thanks a lot for that info! that was really helpful!! you're almost done, with DR, lucky you.