Easy Anesthesiology Programs to get into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erasmus31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since most of the posts speak of top programs, can anybody offer some advice on places to apply for a US MD Graduate, with below average Step 1, and hardly any high passes or honors. Preferably in the Northeast/New England area. Uhhhh, not that is me or anything.....uhhh...just for some diversity ;)

Members don't see this ad.

erasmus31 said:
Since most of the posts speak of top programs, can anybody offer some advice on places to apply for a US MD Graduate, with below average Step 1, and hardly any high passes or honors. Preferably in the Northeast/New England area. Uhhhh, not that is me or anything.....uhhh...just for some diversity ;)

Dude, just apply to a lot of programs, go to every interview, bust your butt on rotations, get good letters, work hard on your PS and you should a spot.
Go to scutwork.com to see which programs didn't fill, this is little hint of some to include as backups if you need them.
I applied to 35 programs, got a handful if interivews and matched highly in my rank list. Feel free to email me if you would like to ask more specific advice.

You should apply to programs that typically take alot of fmgs. (look at where fmgs typicall match and apply there, ie check of the st geroge website and see where there alumni have went). Not that these programs are easier but that no one wants to go to these programs so they take who they can get sort of thing. Also being a usmg will put you ahead of the crowd.............ANESTHESIA ROCKS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Med4ever said:
(look at where fmgs typicall match and apply there, ie check of the st geroge website and see where there alumni have went). Not that these programs are easier but that no one wants to go to these programs so they take who they can get sort of thing.

Hmmm....

Maybe someone should tell Dr. Ralph Berten that he's lucky no one wanted to go to this program..

-Skip

<1% of the graduates of stanford being IMGs does not mean they typically take imgs into thier program. Other programs where the entering class is dominated by IMGS would probably be an easier match.

Skip Intro said:
Hmmm....

Maybe someone should tell Dr. Ralph Berten that he's lucky no one wanted to go to this program..

-Skip