EC question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cetona

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not applying until next cycle, but I have a quick question about reporting extracurriculars on my application. Is there room for more than one experience under each main category? For example, I am volunteering at a hospital this summer, but I also shadowed a doctor over spring break. Would I be able to report both of these under clinical volunteering or do I have to choose one?

Also, my volunteer work at this hospital this summer is mainly in the prosthetics/orthotics department. Most of my time is spent constructing the actual prosthetics or orthotics. I don't spend any time with patients, but I am aware of their conditions and the people I work with have done a great job teaching me about some of the medical aspects of what we are treating. Would this still be considered a clinical experience or would it fit better under a different category? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can list more than one activity in each category. There's no limit. Good luck.