ECG Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maude eh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations regarding a good ekg book for anesthesia and CCM?

Members don't see this ad.

'The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need' by Thaler is EXCELLENT! IMHO..this is way way better than Dubins!

Thaler's book is a great start, but I'd add something with more practice EKGs with explanations. I don't really have one to recommend, as one of my med school professors wrote his own that is not publicly available, but as you're comparing books definitely look for one with many, many EKGs with explanations.

Members don't see this ad :)
cchoukal said:
Thaler's book is a great start, but I'd add something with more practice EKGs with explanations. I don't really have one to recommend, as one of my med school professors wrote his own that is not publicly available, but as you're comparing books definitely look for one with many, many EKGs with explanations.

I would also agree that Thaler's is a great book. Dubin in my opinion is not really at the level of what you'll need as a resident (it pretty much stresses memorization without much conceptual background). You will likely need a practice EKG book to go with it though, but there are a ton out there. One thing I remember Thaler not having is sinus arrythmia- seems silly now, but remember getting burned on this during cards rotation as a med student. If it still is not there in the current edition, I would look it up quick in another text.