Books/Resources for Acute Pain Rotation

Started by deadhead2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

deadhead2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all,

Searched the forums and didn't find any threads covering this. If I missed an earlier thread, apologies. I'm an incoming Pain fellow coming from an EM background. As part of my fellowship, I have a 2 week rotation on APS and we cover APS call on the weekends. I have a pretty good understanding of single-shot peripheral blocks, local anesthetics, and medication management but I have no experience with continuous blocks with catheters, perioperative epidurals, epidural catheters, and PCAs.

Are there any good books or resources that can help me learn the basics of epidurals, peripheral nerve blocks with catheters, and other things that may come up while I'm working on APS and covering call? Thanks in advance!