7
794386
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I'm a sophomore econ major starting pre med. Throughout high school and my first year of college, I always thought I wanted to go to law school. However, I got a law internship over the summer and realized that law is simply not the right career for me. I also got the chance to shadow an ER doctor over the summer, and that, on the other hand, was a great experience. It was fascinating, I empathized with the patients, and I got to talk to many doctors who are passionate about their job. I can absolutely see myself being happy with a career in medicine. I am just super worried about doing well in the pre med classes and med school.
I'm wondering how to start planning my classes, volunteering, etc.
In my freshman year, I took:
Calc I (3.1)
Calc II (3.7)
Chemistry (3.0)
English (3.9)
My overall GPA is a 3.6
This year I'm planning on taking physics, finishing up chem classes, and volunteering. I will probably take a gap year after undergrad to study, volunteer, and save up money, which is what I was going to do before law school anyway.
My questions:
1. What should I take junior and senior year?
2. Should I take calc III?
3. Will being an economics major hurt my chances?
I'm wondering how to start planning my classes, volunteering, etc.
In my freshman year, I took:
Calc I (3.1)
Calc II (3.7)
Chemistry (3.0)
English (3.9)
My overall GPA is a 3.6
This year I'm planning on taking physics, finishing up chem classes, and volunteering. I will probably take a gap year after undergrad to study, volunteer, and save up money, which is what I was going to do before law school anyway.
My questions:
1. What should I take junior and senior year?
2. Should I take calc III?
3. Will being an economics major hurt my chances?