ECs on the AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mones

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the explanation box, are we supposed to write out full paragraphs/complete sentences that describe the activity or should we just write informally with bulleted information/incomplete sentences?

Basically, how formal should the explanations be?

Members don't see this ad.

Mones said:
In the explanation box, are we supposed to write out full paragraphs/complete sentences that describe the activity or should we just write informally with bulleted information/incomplete sentences?

Basically, how formal should the explanations be?

Are you talking about the "work experience/activities" section?

I would go with general descriptions on what you did (tasks, duties, responsibilities, accomplishments) and a brief description on what the program/work/conference/etc. was about. This is also what a friend (MS-1) told me he did when he applied.

If anyone has more information on how to go about doing this section please coin in!

i think a good way would be to use dashes (--) or bullet points and list stuff out like you would on a resume

ex/

President, Alpha Whatever Service Frat
--Organized nation wide canned food drive
--Tutored high school kids in science

i figured it would be easy to read, professional, and to the point and i feel that it worked :)

I agree with nicholonious: a brief, paragraph description of what you did and what you have learned from it. ALSO, if you are going to continue the activity into your senior year of college (if applicable), put a small sentence at the end with something like: "Plan to continue this activity into the 2005-06 academic year."