ECU School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does anyone know when the last day for the accepted students to commit or deny is?
I believe they have 30 days to secure their seat after receiving an acceptance offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when the last day for the accepted students to commit or deny
Also, last cycle, ECU emailed me asking if I was still interested in attending their program sometime in January. I’m sure they will be sending out the same email to applicants who have not heard back after their interview to get an idea of who is still in the running for receiving acceptance offers should people decline or not be able to secure their seat in time.

Anyone know of any groupme or facebook groups for c/o 2027?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, last cycle, ECU emailed me asking if I was still interested in attending their program sometime in January. I’m sure they will be sending out the same email to applicants who have not heard back after their interview to get an idea of who is still in the running for receiving acceptance offers should people decline or not be able to secure their seat in time.
Has anyone received this email?

I haven’t but I’m under the impression that a “second wave” won’t happen until after the holiday

Reactions: 1 users
Still no word? Starting to give up hope for a post-December interview. Has anyone got invited to interview for January?

Reactions: 1 user
I am assuming they sent out interview invites by now? I have not heard back anything yet so not sure what to think.

I am sorry i meant the second round of acceptances not interviews. I am not sure on interviews

Just got a call of acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think they’ll send anymore interview invites for this cycle?

No, they didn’t say anything else.

I see that some people received an acceptance call this week (congrats! that is great)! I had my interview on Nov 29th and it seemed to go great. It is my 3rd time applying. Last cycle I received an email in January asking if I was still interested. Do I still have a good chance this cycle? I am hopeful after seeing they are calling people this week!

Any updates? Do I give up on getting an interview?
I think they said they were interviewing through February when I interviewed in November, but I could be remembering wrong. I wouldn't give up hope yet. As they say, it isn't over until it's over!

Anyone get any updates?
Not yet! I even emailed a Letter Of Intent last week after I saw other pre-Dec interviewees got an acceptance call! I interviewed Nov 29th and haven't heard back anything since my interview! To say I am on pins and needles is an understatement!

Not yet! I even emailed a Letter Of Intent last week after I saw other pre-Dec interviewees got an acceptance call! I interviewed Nov 29th and haven't heard back anything since my interview! To say I am on pins and needles is an understatement!

Yeah I interviewed Oct 11 and did the same. Called today and they said they will wait 30 days from when the last acceptances were sent out to send more

Yeah I interviewed Oct 11 and did the same. Called today and they said they will wait 30 days from when the last acceptances were sent out to send more
Well that is great news! I am just confused to the rhyme and reason they have for who they call for acceptances and when haha! It seems those of us who interviewed earlier are getting acceptances later, and those who interviewed later are getting accepted sooner. It is strange! But I am just happy to know they have not filled their class as of yet! There is still hope! Good luck to you!! I hope to be sharing a seat next to you in the class of 2027!

but no updates on interviews? Should I send a letter of interest or is it fruitless at this point?

Well that is great news! I am just confused to the rhyme and reason they have for who they call for acceptances and when haha! It seems those of us who interviewed earlier are getting acceptances later, and those who interviewed later are getting accepted sooner. It is strange! But I am just happy to know they have not filled their class as of yet! There is still hope! Good luck to you!! I hope to be sharing a seat next to you in the class of 2027!

Same to you!! Goodluck!!

but no updates on interviews? Should I send a letter of interest or is it fruitless at this point?
I have always heard/been told that Letters Of Intent should only be sent if/after you receive an interview but do not hear back from the school post-interview on Decision Day. However, if you feel prompted to submit a Letter Of Intent I would go with what your heart is telling you specifically to do! Best of luck! We are all in this together!

I have always heard/been told that Letters Of Intent should only be sent if/after you receive an interview but do not hear back from the school post-interview on Decision Day. However, if you feel prompted to submit a Letter Of Intent I would go with what your heart is telling you specifically to do! Best of luck! We are all in this together!
Oh wait then I’m mistaken, I had alumni tell me to send schools a letter of interest or maybe it’s something different? Honestly not sure. But about ur question from above… I remember my boss told me someone in his class (class of 2018) got an acceptance call the day before classes started. So for those who already interviewed I think the window to hear back is so wide and things can happen at any time.

Oh wait then I’m mistaken, I had alumni tell me to send schools a letter of interest or maybe it’s something different? Honestly not sure. But about ur question from above… I remember my boss told me someone in his class (class of 2018) got an acceptance call the day before classes started. So for those who already interviewed I think the window to hear back is so wide and things can happen at any time.
Letter Of Intent/Letter Of Interest are used interchangeably. It is the same concept; essentially why you want to go to their school. But traditionally it is usually those who have interviewed.

I would call and ask the admissions office tomorrow and I have had a friend who has wrote a letter on interest before interviews and got an interview and was accepted later into the cycle… could be a one of but it’s worth a shot in my opinion

I would call and ask the admissions office tomorrow and I have had a friend who has wrote a letter on interest before interviews and got an interview and was accepted later into the cycle… could be a one of but it’s worth a shot in my opinion
I agree. There is no one size fits all in all of this. If they are feeling a pull to write one then they should!

Letter Of Intent/Letter Of Interest are used interchangeably. It is the same concept; essentially why you want to go to their school. But traditionally it is usually those who have interviewed.
Not really interchangeable. Letter of Intent and Letter of Interest are two different things and should be sent at two different times. A Letter of Intent should only be sent if you fully intend on committing after you have had the interview and haven't heard back yet. A Letter of Interest could be sent prior to receiving an interview and just let's them know your continued interest in that school, but not stating that you would absolutely commit to them.

Not really interchangeable. Letter of Intent and Letter of Interest are two different things and should be sent at two different times. A Letter of Intent should only be sent if you fully intend on committing after you have had the interview and haven't heard back yet. A Letter of Interest could be sent prior to receiving an interview and just let's them know your continued interest in that school, but not stating that you would absolutely commit to them.
Thank you! That’s what I was thinking or understood from past applicants. I called this morning to inquire about the letter as someone suggested. They took my updates over the phone and she stated that their cycle is still active so there will be movement until everyone hears back yes, no, or waitlist. So there is still hope everyone 😭

Last edited:
You're invited to my new group 'ECU Dental 27’ (UNOFFICIAL!)' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Screenshot_20230203_091934_Facebook.jpg

Does anyone know if there are any more interview days for this cycle?

Does anyone know if there are any more interview days for this cycle?
I think they interview through February. But I believe February is their last month of interviews (I know some schools interview through March, and ECU may be one of them, but I cannot remember with certainty)! I have not heard anything back since my interview in November and I even emailed a Letter Of Intent and still have not heard anything! I am afraid I am getting ghosted 😟

I think they interview through February. But I believe February is their last month of interviews (I know some schools interview through March, and ECU may be one of them, but I cannot remember with certainty)! I have not heard anything back since my interview in November and I even emailed a Letter Of Intent and still have not heard anything! I am afraid I am getting ghosted 😟
I think you're right in that February is the last month of interviews for ECU this year.

Last cycle in January, ECU emailed interviewed applicants to see if they were still interested in attending their program. I received one last cycle, but did not receive one this cycle. I am curious if anyone who applied and interviewed this cycle receive an "Are you still interested" email?

Radio silence from ECU. Anyone hear anything lately? I thought some seats would open a few weeks after the final UNC round went out on Feb 1st.

Radio silence from ECU. Anyone hear anything lately? I thought some seats would open a few weeks after the final UNC round went out on Feb 1st.
I interviewed November 29 and haven’t heard a thing since 😭

We will more than likely hear something in March since the deadline for the second round of acceptances is at the end of this month. Plus they are finishing up with interviews from what I’ve heard.

We will more than likely hear something in March since the deadline for the second round of acceptances is at the end of this month. Plus they are finishing up with interviews from what I’ve heard.
This is hopeful! I had thought since I have not heard anything back by now that I must not be getting an acceptance. But if they are finished/finishing up with interviews this month and have not filled their class (from the looks of it, they have about 15 slots left if the Facebook group number of members is indicative of the number of acceptances they have sent out who have also accepted their offer), then they will be sending out 1 more round of acceptances from the sounds of it. So fingers crossed!

Anyone hear from ECU in the last week? Hoping to see some movement now that March has arrived.

I'm wondering the same
Same! It appears there are 44 members (2 of which are ECU STAFF) in the SoDM Class Of 2027 Group on Facebook, which leads me to believe there is a possibility there are about 10-11 seats left. I am hoping we all hear something by next week! Fingers crossed and good luck everyone!

Last cycle in January, ECU emailed interviewed applicants to see if they were still interested in attending their program. I received one last cycle, but did not receive one this cycle. I am curious if anyone who applied and interviewed this cycle receive an "Are you still interested" email?
Good question. Did anyone receive such an email this year?

Anyone know if the class is full?
It's not yet. Mr Cox emailed me back a few days ago stating their admissions is on a rolling basis and so there is no exact date when one could hear back from them. Based off of their Facebook group, it appears there are 44 acceptances at the moment, because 2 of the 46 members are staff members. So essentially there are 8 spots left open.