ED/august MCAT/regular decision question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrillyPop

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a 31 on the MCAT right now, and I want to do early decision at U of Minnesota. I am also planning on taking the August 7th MCAT to raise my score to a 33-35. Now if I send my primary tonight and note that I am taking the august 7th MCAT (for which the scores will be released sept. 7th), is this late to have an early decision application completed? Will they wait for the MCAT to review me? Then lets say I do not get accepted into the early decision program, I will most likely be able to send regular decisions to other schools on october 1st, but the AMCAS primary will have to be verified again, right? How long will it take to get verified again so I can get my primary to other schools and get the secondaries back to them asap?

What if I just applied to the ED program without mentioning that I might take the MCAT again? Then they wouldnt hold my application to wait for the score, and if I did take it and do better, I could just send them a letter or release the score to them manually through AAMC, right? And if I do take it and do better, I could add it to my AMCAS application for other schools in the case that I do not get into the ED program. Will it take longer to verify again in october if I notify them of it later?

Thanks a million!!!!!!! (especially for a prompt reply, I need to send my primary!)

Members don't see this ad.

eh. What's the difference between a 35 retake and a 31 initial? If your 31 is balanced there's not one.