EEEEEEEEK! Should I go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

randomlogik

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! I just got a phone call from Tulane. I could go there tomorrow for an interview!!! Last minute notice at the extreme. If I dont go tomorrow, I could go Nov. 13th. There is nothing stopping me from going tomorrow, but this would be my first interview that I have gone to. I had thot that my first interview wasnt going to be until a couple of weeks from now. Im not really sure if i am prepared or not. What should i do to get prepared? Read my personal statement? the secondary....aaaagk....so much to do and so little time. would i be better off just waiting for the later date??

Members don't see this ad.

You seem very stressed out from the manner in which you dictated your problem. That being said, I think its best for you to wait then. Dont want to rush anything.

Good Luck.

Easy call in my opinion, since this is your first interview, it might be a good idea to go on Nov. 13 instead of tomorrow. This gives you a chance to prepare for your interview, which will help you feel more confident going in. Going two weeks later won't hurt you by any means, but going in unprepared will definitely hurt you.

To prepare, read up on the school's website or catalog. Also, read the SDN interview feedback section on Tulane for other people's experiences there. Do some mock interviews if you have the chance and prepare to answer at least the most common interview questions. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
that's awesome, congrats on scoring an interview...but i agree with the above posters when i say just go nov. 13th. it's two weeks away--not so long that they can interview tons more people and greatly reduce your chances of getting in, but long enough for you to really prepare for this and do well. you can only win by scheduling it for the 13th. best of luck!

Thanks for the advice yall. You are prolly right that I should wait, but i decided to go ahead and go for it. i've had some time to calm down from the initial shock, so im not bouncing off the walls quite like i was this afternoon. lol. plus, i really didnt want my hopkins interview next week to be my first interview. this way i will get to have some experience before i go there. and yes, i've already done some mock interviews....so with a little refreshing tonite...hopefully i will be fine. another thing, i noticed on the interview page that everyone got their invites by mail. does it mean that i am special cause they called me?!:D they love me! hehe....hopefully

Good luck!!! I guess that this interview will prepare you for your Hopkins interview, which I have to assume is one of your top choices.