eHow - annoying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBumblebee

MS-0
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much info at this link is correct? I'd appreciate all responses from current DO school students, resident, and attending physicians.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8499353_differences-between-md-do-doctors.html

"...The DO will use his hands to manipulate the patient's body in diagnosis and treatment, where as the MD is more likely to use technology."

"...Although both MDs and DOs are licensed physicians and are legally and professionally equivalent, the DO frequently employs techniques not commonly utilized in an MD's office -- such as the use of alternative medicine, massage therapies and Eastern based medicine."

Really?

Members don't see this ad.

How much info at this link is correct? I'd appreciate all responses from current DO school students, resident, and attending physicians.

"...The DO will use his hands to manipulate the patient's body in diagnosis and treatment, where as the MD is more likely to use technology."

"...Although both MDs and DOs are licensed physicians and are legally and professionally equivalent, the DO frequently employs techniques not commonly utilized in an MD's office -- such as the use of alternative medicine, massage therapies and Eastern based medicine."

Really?

Yup. DOs are too poor to afford any kind of updated technology so they rely on their hands. It's pretty pathetic how primitive DO offices are. The two that I shadowed had five secretaries because they hand wrote all the charts with a quill.

Also, DOs don't really know much about Western (advanced) medicine, so they rely on Eastern medicine, which involves a lot of old fashioned remedies using herbs, spells, and incantations.

eHow--great source when you need to know how to tie a tie.

Not so much when you need to make a career choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
eHow--great source when you need to know how to tie a tie.

Not so much when you need to make a career choice.

Anybody looking at eHow for career choices should probably reconsider whatever career they are looking into.

Really?

Almost sounds like something the AOA tries to market as the difference between MD and DO.

Yup. DOs are too poor to afford any kind of updated technology so they rely on their hands. It's pretty pathetic how primitive DO offices are. The two that I shadowed had five secretaries because they hand wrote all the charts with a quill.

Also, DOs don't really know much about Western (advanced) medicine, so they rely on Eastern medicine, which involves a lot of old fashioned remedies using herbs, spells, and incantations.

This comes from the 20 years A.T. Still spent in hundreds of villages in the Far East following medicine men and healers before bringing it to the US. Hopefully those who interview at the ATSUs will remember this essential bit of history.