Einstein post interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iammeeee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone who interviewed in jan heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone who interviewed in jan heard anything yet?

my friend interviewed there mid January, I think, and unfortunately he was rejected last week or the week before.

I interviewed late january...nothing so far

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they tend to have their meetings to decide on acceptances? From the acceptance thread, I can't really tell.

Any input would be appreciated. I interviewed at AECOM in mid Feb and really loved it.

I still have an open application with AECOM for this cycle. The only thing holding it back is my application fee. I haven't been able to pay it for various personal family reasons, otherwise it would have went out with the rest of them in September. Anyways, I've been sitting on it and now with the deadline approaching, I'm wondering if I should just withdraw. I don't really think I have a great shot, but part of me thinks I really have nothing to lose, (except $110). What do you guys think? Is it a waste of money?

And here we go again..

3.2 overall GPA
30P MCAT 9VR 9PS 12 BS
Leadership
volunteering
clinical experience
great letters of rec

I think I should just withdraw, and I'm guessing you folks will share that sentiment.:eek:

I still have an open application with AECOM for this cycle. The only thing holding it back is my application fee. I haven't been able to pay it for various personal family reasons, otherwise it would have went out with the rest of them in September. Anyways, I've been sitting on it and now with the deadline approaching, I'm wondering if I should just withdraw. I don't really think I have a great shot, but part of me thinks I really have nothing to lose, (except $110). What do you guys think? Is it a waste of money?

And here we go again..

3.2 overall GPA
30P MCAT 9VR 9PS 12 BS
Leadership
volunteering
clinical experience
great letters of rec

I think I should just withdraw, and I'm guessing you folks will share that sentiment.:eek:

Forget your stats, its probably already too late for this cycle. Perhaps you should have applied for some sort of fee assistance.

Any updates from those that interviewed at Albert Einstein in mid to late January or later?? I still haven't heard anything.

yep, interviewed feb 22nd and wait-listed last week

I interviewed in early December and haven't heard a word since. I'm assuming it won't be good news, but I'm surprised I haven't gotten anything yet.

Interview in late January.

I keep telling myself they're just playing hard-to-get...

Interviewed in early Nov, got accepted in Jan, gave up my spot recently since I got my CA school and Einstein couldn't offer much financial help, so hopefully one of you guys get my spot.

hmm...I interviewed near the end of Jan and got rejected. stright up and no waitlist...so that means hope for all of you who havent heard

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in mid Feb and still no word. Has anyone received a decision recently? Do they send emails? phone calls? snail-mail?

Best of luck to everyone!

I interviewed in mid Feb and still no word. Has anyone received a decision recently? Do they send emails? phone calls? snail-mail?

Best of luck to everyone!

They send an initial acceptance email and then a subsequent packet of stuff...good luck!

I interviewed at the beginning of january and nothing... I wonder what is going on..

Interviewed in beginning of november...never heard from them again

Interviewed in beginning of november...never heard from them again

I was in the same boat (well, early December interview) until today. I got a letter I'm assuming is some sort of waitlist, but the wording is a little odd. "I am happy to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has very favorably reviewed your application. At this time we would like some guidance from you regarding your level of interest in Einstein should a place become available within the next few weeks. We realize that by now, you may have received an acceptance to your first choice school... If, however, Einstein remains your top choice [underline theirs], please let us know in writing..."

Anybody else get something similar? I just find it weird that a school would automatically assume you would rather go somewhere else. I actually did get into my top choice, and will be withdrawing, but do they know that?

I got the same exact weird-*** letter.

Am I being ridiculous for wanting the dignity of some kind of DECISION? It seems very waitlist-y but at the same time, it's kind of different. It seems like they're saying We really like you, but we're not gonna bother to make any kind of definitive decision about you. The ball's in your court.

Not only that, they say only to respond if Einstein is our top choice school (it's underlined in the letter). I would not say it's my top choice, but if accepted, I would definitely consider it as an option. So what am I supposed to do?

Is this some kind of nice way of waitlisting? I can't even tell.

I got the same message!!!

I have a dilemma: I really liked Einstein, and if they take me at this point I will go, but the problem is that I previously sent a letter of intent to another school before I got waitlisted there.

But if Einstein accepts me now, I would withdraw from the waitlist at that other school and go there! So would it be ok to send the letter of intent???

I got the same message!!!

I have a dilemma: I really liked Einstein, and if they take me at this point I will go, but the problem is that I previously sent a letter of intent to another school before I got waitlisted there.

But if Einstein accepts me now, I would withdraw from the waitlist at that other school and go there! So would it be ok to send the letter of intent???

letter of intent means you'd go there if accepted... waitlist does not equal accepted. so it sounds like you're off the hook to me. a dilemma would be if you gave einstein the ok and then got off the waitlist at the other school in the meantime.

I also got the weird letter. I called them up they said it was a high piority wait list. I heard they do not want to accept anyone this late without a letter of intent because it brings their numbers down in terms of students accepted and those that attend. Does that make any sense?

So, that means those of us still waiting to hear back should only expect waitlists ("weird letters") and rejections...?

So, that means those of us still waiting to hear back should only expect waitlists ("weird letters") and rejections...?

that would be sad =( i interviewed in january and haven't heard anything
has anyone recently been accepted?
is it worth it to ask the admissions office what's going on?
or send letters of interest?

I got the "weird" (but positive) favorably reviewed letter last weekend (Saturday March 29th). I think they just wanted a letter of commitment, so I sent that in at the beginning of the week. Then I got my acceptance letter and a DVD Yesterday!! I am excited because Einstein is a great school

I just got "the letter" today. Einstein is a top choice for me so I'm pretty excited about it. I'll mail it off tomorrow, hopefully with results akin to keeptrukin.

I'm still not sure how to react to receiving it! I'm obviously excited, as it is a positive thing, but I'm hesitant to get too excited too quick! Ahhh! Has anyone else heard anything more about it or contacted Einstein about the letter's meaning?

i got that same letter as well. But I am slightly worried because no one in the forum seems to mention any other type of waitlist letter. Do you think they send this letter to everyone regardless of whether u are high priority or not?

For those who just heard, when was your interview?

i got that same letter as well. But I am slightly worried because no one in the forum seems to mention any other type of waitlist letter. Do you think they send this letter to everyone regardless of whether u are high priority or not?

I ended up calling out of curiosity, and the woman I talked to told me specifically that I was not on a waitlist, it was a "High Priority" list, so I think your chances are very good if you got one of those letters. Not sure if there are other waitlist letters, but I think there is definitely a separate classification. If you're worried I don't think it can hurt to call and ask.

I received a regular wait-list letter. It says:

"...you have been placed in our wait-list category.

The wait-list will be reviewed in its entirety during the summer months after all applications have been considered by the adcom.

Our experience has been that only a small number of applicants from this category will be offered acceptance.

If there is something that you would like to share with the adcom, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Please be assured that your application for admission will be given every consideration, and that you will be notified as soon as the adcom reaches its final decision."

So...all of you with the "weird" letter should keep hope! You are definitely in a different category. Sucks for me, but I got in to my cali school.

DocI, I interviewed at the end of January.

I interviewed on Jan 17th and still no word. I called today and the lady told me that I should here back within two weeks.

I dont know what to expect at this point...

I interviewed in early feb- got the high priority letter last week as well. What weirds me out is that nobody reported any acceptances or rejections recently. According to Guitarologist's waitlist letter, it states that few students get in off the regular waitlist. Makes me wonder if they only tap into the regular list once everybody's gotten off the high priority list? If that's the case it seems pretty positive...

I guess I have a while to wait. I interviewed on March 7th.

bump...

Is there nobody that got accepted or rejected recently? Is it possible they're only waitlisting people??

I just spoke to admissions today. They said anyone on this high piority in the last few years has been accepted. I hope it remains true.

I also called today to confirm the receipt of my letter of intent (after "weird" letter) and I was told that I can hear from them at any point within the next few months and that my chances of getting in were really good. Hopefully it all works out. Good luck to everyone!

So - I called them about a week ago asking if they had made a decision. They said that my file had gone up (...in November I assume) but has not come down. Which means that I have neither an Acceptance, Rejection, nor waitlist -- simply that they have not made a decision.

Come on, is it too much to ask for a decision?

I also called today to confirm the receipt of my letter of intent (after "weird" letter) and I was told that I can hear from them at any point within the next few months and that my chances of getting in were really good. Hopefully it all works out. Good luck to everyone!

wow that is great news if everyone gets accepted from high priority,
but i hope they respond quick, waiting a few months does not sound fun
I'm sending my letter tomorrow and I hope they let me know soon.
Has anyone else been accepted off high priority recently?

So - I called them about a week ago asking if they had made a decision. They said that my file had gone up (...in November I assume) but has not come down. Which means that I have neither an Acceptance, Rejection, nor waitlist -- simply that they have not made a decision.

Come on, is it too much to ask for a decision?

Im in the exact same boat. Interviewed in Jan, and still no decision.

Im in the exact same boat. Interviewed in Jan, and still no decision.

In all honesty I should withdrawal - but I feel like since I paid for the (really expensive) secondary, and for the flight, I deserve my decision...

I just spoke to admissions today. They said anyone on this high piority in the last few years has been accepted. I hope it remains true.

Man, this post reminded me why I joined SDN in the first place. I'd put up with a million "what are my chances" posts for one of these. Thanks for the precious info!

Your welcome I hope to see you next year.

I got the "weird" (but positive) favorably reviewed letter last weekend (Saturday March 29th). I think they just wanted a letter of commitment, so I sent that in at the beginning of the week. Then I got my acceptance letter and a DVD Yesterday!! I am excited because Einstein is a great school

Keeptrukin and others, what did you include in the letter you sent? i'm a bit confused as to what to say to them. einstein is definitely my top choice so i do want to make sure the letter conveys that. Thanks!

Just heard from Einstein and got that weird waitlist letter. I'm working on the LOI now.

Has anyone else received an acceptance after receiving the "weird" letter?

Has anyone else received an acceptance after receiving the "weird" letter?

that person who got accepted a week after sending there LOI was lucky
when i called the office she said you're in a really good position (because you were 'favorable reviewed') but you might not hear back till the summer months

sighh

Summer months? Really? I was hoping alot of people will be withdrawing in the next couple of weeks as May 15th approaches. By the way, does anyone understand the waitlist description:

"Approximately 400 applicants will be placed on the wait-list from January through the summer months. Beginning in May, the wait-list is re-evaluated and halved. By July, about 50 applicants remain active on the wait-list and by the day of Orientation, approximately 20 remain active. The wait-list is not ranked."

I wonder whether the high priority waitlist is included in the above description, and if so, what percentage of it is in the high priority category. I also wonder, when they "half" the waitlist, whether they mean half is rejected, accepted, or God knows what mix of the two?

Bump...anybody on the high priority WL hear anything yet?