Einstein post interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bump...anybody on the high priority WL hear anything yet?

nope, not yet.

I'm not expecting anything until around May 15th.

Members don't see this ad.

I called today and was told the same thing, no decision was made yet. I interviewed mid march, what about you?

Did anyone find out any more information about the favorably reviewed list at Einstein?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in today as well. Unfortunately, I will most likely not be able to afford it.

I'm still on the high priority WL/ favorably reviewed list (whatever it is). I hope I hear back soon!

Keep your hopes up if past years are any indication we should see a bunch of acceptances June 1 or second as our ten days to give a deposit expires.

who here is still waiting? if so, high priority or regular waitlist?

I am, and I'm trying to stay optimistic, which I think we should be... I called in and the admissions lady said it wasn't a 'waitlist' and that we would be hearing back soon, well depending on rate of withdrawals/declines..

I am still waiting as well. Hopefully good news soon...

My buddy at Einstein sends the following words of encouragement to the high priority applicants: "History always plays itself out: it's simply a matter of time. I'll have the chilled wine ready."

Apparently every favorably reviewed applicant has gotten accepted in the past...I'm praying to Albert Einstein that that stays true or else Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Bowser is gonna be MADDDDDD :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
So its June 2nd. Any news for the "favorably reviewed" applicants?

Nothing yet. Maybe later today? Maybe tomorrow? Good luck everyone!

Has anyone heard anything??? Come on Einstein you can take us!!!

How did you guys find out if you were "favorably reviewed" or "high priority" ?

My waitlist letter just said that I was on the waitlist, nothing else.

How did you guys find out if you were "favorably reviewed" or "high priority" ?

My waitlist letter just said that I was on the waitlist, nothing else.

The admissions office sends a letter saying you've been favorably reviewed and requesting a reply stating whether AECOM was still among your top 2 choices or not.

The admissions office sends a letter saying you've been favorably reviewed and requesting a reply stating whether AECOM was still among your top 2 choices or not.

Oh, definitely didn't get one of those. Too bad.. guess that's a 'no' for me :(

by now, we should have heard something. I think they just want to send out acceptances in bulk. Let's hope for next week

Oh, definitely didn't get one of those. Too bad.. guess that's a 'no' for me :(

I wouldn't give up completely. I'm quite sure when they are done with the favorably reviewed' list they move on to the waitlist.

Sigh... June 9th and I havent heard anything. I really hope I get in and gratz to all those that were accepted. I know its only Monday but has anyone heard any good news? I am about to get started on my applications again lol but I dont want to loose hope.

I'm also on the "favorably reviewed" list. Interview 3/31, letter 5/2, sent LOI 5/5, have sent Dean Kerrigan an email (no response yet), and made numerous phone calls. Previous posts have suggested that all, or nearly all, favorably reviewed applicants get accepted. What is this based on? Has anyone actually heard this from the office of admissions? Last I called the office, they said there has been less waitlist movement than last year.

I'm going nuts thinking about this.

Yeah, when I talked to the office last week the lady wasn't positive or negative. I asked her explicitly if most people on the favorably reviewed get accepted. She replied with total vagueness that it just differs each year and that there hasn't been much movement yet this year. I came away from the phone call feeling a less hopeful but also wondering how much the lady I was talking to really knew. Has anyone else heard this? Can anybody else share more positive information???

Does anyone know how many people are on the "favorably reviewed" list?

It seems like everyones on it but very few people have gotten accepted off of it so far...

I specifically asked how many people were on the favorably reviewed list and regular waitlist and the lady said she had no idea and couldn't even give me a ballpark. I don't know if they're being vague because they don't want to be liable or if they really don't know... seems like they could tell us more.

Seriously, maybe the people that are actually in charge of the favorably reviewed / waitlist part of admissions are on vacation or something. I know that the first time I talked to them about the list they had me switched over to a different lady in charge of it. The lady didn't do that last time so maybe the one in charge is out of town for awhile? I kinda hope she is but also that she isn't at the same time--I really don't want to wait all summer in limbo to figure out the next four years of my life. But, I am thankful to have gotten this far.

I yeah, seems like the first wave went out 5/20 from browsing around sdn. So my best guess would be it'll take them another month to compile what they got and what they need to send out another wave. I am just guessing.

I've did the majority of harassing the admissions people about the favorably reviewed list at the beginning of May and i have talked to very unhelpful and to very supportive/ inspirational people. They said favorably reviewed people have a very high chance of getting in. (default answer)

However beening suck in limbo like the OP said is totally suck town. It sucks more because if accepted im going to AE, but i still have to start reapplication in the event i dont get in. Its going to suck if Im going to drop 1k on apps and then find out i got in and cancel everything. btw i used suck 3x

Well thats my 2c. I hope some of you hear good news. Stay positive!

...went something like this:

Me: Hi, I’m calling to inquire about the status of my application. My name is XXX and my AAMC ID is YYYY.
AECOM: Ok, hold on a sec.
Me: [waiting]
AECOM: You’re on the wait list.
Me: Ok, thanks. Do you had any additional information about the wait list?
AECOM: Huh?
Me: Well, what is my relative or absolute position on the list?
AECOM: We don’t have that information.
Me: Ok, if there is no position information, how are candidates chosen?
AECOM: We re-evaluate all wait list candidates when we re-open applications.
Me: [Now we're getting somewhere...] When are you re-opening applications?
AECOM: We haven’t decided.
Me: [sigh] Thanks. Bye. [Click]

Nickname, that is pretty much exactly what my last two conversations with admissions sounded like. Although, the lady told me that the favorably reviewed list is unranked. I can't seem to squeeze any more information out of them.

It seems like someone got accepted today (checkout the waitlist movement thread). Did anyone else hear from them today?

Yeah, I wonder what JH377 and Iammeeee's stories are? Congratulations to them both. Hopefully someone has some good news or information out there?

I emailed Dean Kerrigan a fatty letter explaining how I'm still interested in AECOM. She responded last week saying I'm on the top of the favorably reviewed list and that I should hear good news within a week or so. I still haven't gotten an acceptance, but I'm clinging onto those words very tightly...

It was one of the toughest decisions of my life, but I finally withdrew today. I sincerely hope it goes to one of you guys!

I Got In Today Off The Favorably Reviewed List! I'm Feeling Like A Million Bucks :hungover:

I Got In Today Off The Favorably Reviewed List! I'm Feeling Like A Million Bucks :hungover:

Congrats DrBowser! guess they quickly passed you PreMD's spot..

and rest of us just keep praying ..

I emailed Dean Kerrigan a fatty letter explaining how I'm still interested in AECOM. She responded last week saying I'm on the top of the favorably reviewed list and that I should hear good news within a week or so. I still haven't gotten an acceptance, but I'm clinging onto those words very tightly...

How long did it take Dean Kerrigan to respond to your email? I emailed her about 10 days ago and haven't heard anything. Congratulations!

Congratz DrBowser!!!

Well it seems they are on top of the situation. Someone just withdrew and within the same day an acceptance haha

Its a waiting game for the rest of us I guess.

My friend who was on the high priority list called today and was told that she was accepted. She said snail mail was sent yesterday and there probably won't be emails sent. G'luck to those still waiting.

How long did it take Dean Kerrigan to respond to your email? I emailed her about 10 days ago and haven't heard anything. Congratulations!

sgarbern, I emailed her on Wednesday of last week and she responded to me on Friday, two days later. I immediately responded to her reply and we sent several emails back and forth. She was wondering if I had seen what the financial aid package would look like. I replied that I plan on attending AECOM if offered an acceptance and that I was aware of the costs. She ended up saying "then good news for you, no doubt, next week". Today she emailed me my acceptance notice :love:

Best wishes to everyone still waiting!!!!!!

I finally received an email back from Dean Kerrigan (emailed her on June 2) where she said, "You have an excellent chance of being accepted. Hang in there; I hope to have good news for you shortly"

I interviewed really late, so it seems like things are still good for people on the high priority list!

Thats great news! Hope you get in soon. I got a response also but not as possitive. Basically said good luck haha. Oh well Ill wait longer. Early congratz buddy

Just got an acceptance email from Dean Kerrigan an hour ago! That was a much quicker turnaround than I was expecting. I am so happy to be going to Einstein. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting, I hope this means the waitlist is starting to move!

:D

Just got an acceptance email from Dean Kerrigan an hour ago! That was a much quicker turnaround than I was expecting. I am so happy to be going to Einstein. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting, I hope this means the waitlist is starting to move!

:D

AWESOME! Congrats and cya in August =)

Ok this may make me sound like a total stalker but i've been keeping track of the # of members in the AECOM class of 2012 facebook group and it seems to have increased by about 4 members from last Monday. Yea i'm that desperate.. Well right now it's 64, and assuming there are ~50 or so acceptances out there who haven't joined the group, i'll say there still are quite some spots open, given the average class size is 180...

...Anyhoo that's my inference, courtesy of facebook...:D thoughts?

Contributing to your analysis: I used to be a part of the UC Davis SOM '12 facebook group before I decided on Einstein. The class size is around 90, but only 57 people are in the group. Even the UCDSOM '11 group has only 73. AECOM '11 has 151 members, thats 30 missing. So basically with a full class you can expect 15-30% of the class to not join the facebook group.

That said, I agree it seems that there should be AT LEAST 100 members in the group by now. A friend of mine just got accepted and joined the group recently, but where is everyone else? 50 spots available? Interesting theory...

Thank you both for the interesting analysis. I really hope you are both right. Does anyone else have any thoughts or further facebook interpretation? Like in an unhealthy relationship, we have reached a very desperate point when we are analyzing facebook.

Also, Cestmoi, I must add to your Facebook data. I noticed that one of the girls posting on the front page of the group is a sophomore student simply trying to sell a bunch of stuff to the freshmen. As is it is required that a poster must also be a member of the group, she is listed as one of the 64 members. This would take the official Facebook count down to 63. Every person counts!

I know, analyzing this is sad behavior.