Einstein waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbehzad

Faddayy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I received my waitlist letter the other day. It isnt the waitlist letter that seems to say I'll be in the "acceptable range" though. I'm wondering since I'm in the other waitlist category, if the chances are fairly slim. Does anyone know anything about the normal waitlist as compared to the acceptable range waitlist? Einstein is my first choice, and am a little disappointed from the outcome.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

come on someone has to know something about the regular waitlist. i cant be the only person on it (or at least I hope im not) :scared: .

good luck everyone.

when did you interview and when did you hear back?? i interviewed late Feb....havent heard a thing yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
pbehzad said:
come on someone has to know something about the regular waitlist. i cant be the only person on it (or at least I hope im not) :scared: .

good luck everyone.
i am on the wait-list as well.

wends said:
when did you interview and when did you hear back?? i interviewed late Feb....havent heard a thing yet.

i interviewed on feb. 3rd, and then called them around march 10th to find out, and they said the letter was in the mail. it took about 6 weeks, which is what they told us at the interview.

I was on the waitlist last year and my letter said something like, we will be narrowing down the list in the beginning of the summer. Beginning of the summer came and I got a letter said I was no longer on the list, So I guess if you dont get that letter in the beginning of summer, it can only be positive.

I just got back from spring break yesterday and found an einstein waitlist letter in my mailbox. What are you going to write to them? I've recently sent an update letter so should I just tell them that yes, I am still interested in your school? Keep me on the waitlist?

skiracer, just looking at your profile, why do you say taht your einstein interview was the worst?

wends said:
skiracer, just looking at your profile, why do you say taht your einstein interview was the worst?

It was the questions my interviewer asked me. He started of by calling my undergrad institution a party school. Then, he grilled me about underage drinking and if students who drink underage (both illegal and against school policy) should be allowed to attend medical school. I kept trying to explain that there are many factors to a candidate and about responsibility, but he just continued repeating 'but, it's illegal...it's against school policy.' He then went on to talk about drunk driving, steroid use in sports, and cheating on exams. Ugh, I just came out of it with a bad feeling. :(