Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockaway

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone share how long it took to hear back from Einstein? I interviewed mid January and haven't heard anything yet.....I really loved the school and have my fingers crossed...I'm getting pretty nervous...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 10/15 and was accepted on 1/16. Good luck.

I interviewed on one of the first days of November, and received an acceptance letter dated January 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview 12/11 and accepted on 1/16.

Our experiences (the two posts above and myself) will be different than yours. Atleast 180 acceptances were sent out in January so their acceptances will not be sent out in large bulks. I wouldn't worry. They wind up accepting between 500-600. There is lots of time.

Out of all of the schools I applied to, Einstein was one of the most organized.

You can call them and ask them how long decisions usually take. Or email Nancy Kerrigan. She is really nice.

I wish you the best of luck.

I interviewed 1/22 and received my acceptance letter on 3/4 (dated 3/1).

Wish you all the best in getting in to AECOM. Good Luck.

I interviewed last week, and the lady who gave me the tour told me not to expect anything before 8 weeks.
However, my interviewer told me 3-5 weeks. Weird.

I think if you are at a boarder line, it can take much longer than expected.

This is a post I had from the Einstein Waitlist thread a little while back. I don't know how to insert old threads into other threads, sorry! If someone wants to teach me, I'm more than willing to learn :)

I copied these stats from USNews:

(Applied/Interviewed/Accepted/Enrolled)
Total: 6,431/1,489/556/180
In state: 1,303/429/178/76
Out of state: 5,128/1,060/378/104
Women: 2,886/657/278/94
Minorities: 792/149/56/22
International: 123/28/14/5

If you look at the in-state acceptance vs. enrollment, many students choose to go elsewhere. I'm assuming this is a factor of the cost. Also, for out of stater acceptances vs. enrollment, they may have chosen their state school or a school in NYC.

On a side note, I interviewed on 10/15 and was in the first batch of acceptances. I've been exchanging e-mails with my interviewer and she has only said that Einstein mailed out ~180 acceptances in January. Since then, they are on a rolling basis where they accept 1/3, waitlist 1/3, and reject the remaining 1/3. It should take 6-8 weeks for an acceptance, but if you're borderline, it maybe 8-10 weeks.

For those who haven't heard, Einstein is interviewing into early June. It takes a while to hear from them because someone on the admissions committee reads through your entire file before granting an interview. They are very forgiving on stats and look for something unique in your application.

I was fortunate enough to have a very warm and receptive interviewer. She looked at my entire file for about 40 minutes before we started. I was with her for over two hours and I missed the luncheon, so she took me out and we walked around campus. It really sold the school to me that someone would take their time out to do such a thing.

Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed 11/20, and received my acceptance on 1/15. Like Souljah1 said, much of their incoming class is taken from their waitlist, so there is definitely plenty of time and slots open.

Good luck, and hang in there!!!

thanks for the helpful info...and for the good wishes..I appreciate it very much

Rockaway, not sure what other information you're looking for - but if it helps I interviewed also mid-January and was waitlisted about 3 weeks ago. I'm planning on withdrawing, though...

thanks for the info...I think I'm trying to achieve the impossible and figure out where I stand in this crazy process......