EK 3rd ed. vs 4th ed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTjay

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how different the 3rd edition is from the 4th edition material from ExamKrackers?

I'm interested in purchasing some of the materials and know for a fact that KAPLAN stuff is almost identical year after year, just wondering about EK.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I had the 3rd ed. and sold them to right before the 4th came out. I used the 4th ed. to prepare for the april mcat. It is a lot more colorful than the 3rd ed.

Some of the books like Gchem and Bio were updated a lot. While the Orgo and Physics had pretty much the same info as the 3rd ed.

The Gchem book had a lot more background information than the 3rd ed. And the Bio book contained more stuff in the genetics area like Lac Operon and DNA Technology which was not there in the 3rd edition.

Good luck

Apart from cosmetics, I believe the 3rd edition is very similar to the 4th edition. The major changes are available on the EK website, such as the updated chapter on genes.

Good Luck on the MCAT,
Peter