EK Audio Osmosis - Worth It?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cranialnecrosis

Necrotic Neurons
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am a repeat MCAT offender (taker). After getting a 27S the first go-around, I figured on retaking. My question is if purchasing the Audio Osmosis set is justified to supplement the EK Complete Package. It seems sort of spendy if not needed. I have heard pros and cons on Amazon.com. I plan on following the EK 10 week "program" diligently to prepare this go-around (compared to willy-nilly last time).

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

In comparison to the study materials the princeton review provided, EK and their audio osmosis is sparse to say the least. If these are what you are using to study I would think you need to have a good understanding of most of the subject material already, and heavily supplement these with textbooks.

While I, in NO way condone piracy, I MAY have overheard SOMEONE without a face or name, mention that one could theoretically find the mp3s on a torrent site, and theoretically down those without cost......I am in no way related to this and always purchase my stuff legally, as well as would never violate any portion of the DMCA or any copyright law.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, ditto the above posts. I didn't find it that terribly helpful, but then again I'm more of a sight learner. That said- the two screwballs that recorded it (ol' Jordan and John I believe) did have some kind of catchy/funny ways to remember some of the concepts. If have lots of downtime, don't mind some pretty dorky humor, and don't mind listening to the intro music for each lesson a million times over they'd be a good investment.

Edit: for the record, I shelled out the full $100 or so for them legally.

While I, in NO way condone piracy, I MAY have overheard SOMEONE without a face or name, mention that one could theoretically find the mp3s on a torrent site, and theoretically down those without cost......I am in no way related to this and always purchase my stuff legally, as well as would never violate any portion of the DMCA or any copyright law.

along with EVERYTHING else needed for mcat practice...heard that from a bird during the verbal section...

I just bought my MCAT Audio Osmosis and I think it had been a good experience for me. I personally think the most helpful part is the Biology section. It helps me to commit the huge amt of information to memory. I jumped 3 points for my biology after using osmosis (11 to 14). I think studying biology is very boring sometime, so whenever I am tire of studying, I will take a bath, bring my ipod with me and study biology in the bath tube. It also helps you sleep too if you go to bed with it...Hahahahaha

But!!! I really find the other sections not very helpful. Especially chem and Ochem. As for verbal, if you have the EK Verbal book, they are basically the same thing. They advise student to read fast and attack all the passage. Assume that you are going to guess on a lot of the answer and feel confident while doing the passage. Basically the same old thing they always teach about verbal. Plus verbal is about practicing and practicing, so the audio is not of much help.

In conclusion, if you don’t mind spending the money, go ahead and get it. If you think you don’t have much money to spare, then I would rather you go online and get practice exams.

Good luck!!!!!!

1) It's good as a supplement to your MCAT studying, not as good for your entire MCAT curriculum.

2) PM about ways to obtain it.