EK Audio Osmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dshnay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

Has anyone actually used this product? And if so, do you think its worth getting it in order to study for the aprils mcat? Will it improve the score by more then a point or 2?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

dshnay said:
HI,

Has anyone actually used this product? And if so, do you think its worth getting it in order to study for the aprils mcat? Will it improve the score by more then a point or 2?

Thanks

I have it and I think it is a good product as long as you have the time to properly listen. The first time you hear a lecture, you should take notes. After that, listen to it ad-nauseum. This is the only way to do it. If you are just listening to it and beeboping along, you may not take much.

As for points, take a practice MCAT from the AAMC web site before listening to the CDs and then take the same test after. See for yourself.

I don't think you can judge how many points (if any) you will improve with Audio Osmosis. If you take the same test twice, you will definitely do better the second time, so I don't think that is an accurate comparison.

I agree that you must listen carefully to Audio Osmosis for it to be of any benefit. While much of it was a review, I picked up a few new things on each CD.

we love it. we listen to it on our commute in and out of town...its better than wasting time- you get as much out of it as youre willing to put into it :) good luck on the aprils!~

Members don't see this ad :)
The EK Audio Osmosis is one of the best sources for review...however do not completely rely on it because they skip a lot of stuff. I would listen to it like 3-4 weeks before the exam just to reinforce the material.