EK Audio Osmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful02

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, it's me again. I noticed in another thread that someone mentioned the EK Audio Osmosis CDs. I tried PMing him, but his mailbox was full, so I thought I'd put the question to the rest of you... To those of you who have purchased them, did you find them helpful? I've only heard about them in passing a couple of times, and know nothing about the concept or how (and why) they supposedly work. So any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have them. They are ok to listen to when on a long car trip (from college to your parents' home for example). I guess they are especially good if you learn by hearing things. They go over important concepts and mention what you do and don't need to know. My main complaint was that they have lots of very, very annoying sound effects...they tended to detract from the lessons rather than add to them. All in all, they are just another way to have the basics thrown at you in the months before the MCAT.

~AS1~

I have to say they helped me alot they allowed me to bring up my score from a 20 to a 26. I listended to them about five times a week at night for a hour while in bed. Then Id fall a sleep thinking about the material. I liked them alot , good device for learning those little facts that eventually help out.

Originally posted by AntGod22
I have to say they helped me alot they allowed me to bring up my score from a 20 to a 26. I listended to them about five times a week at night for a hour while in bed. Then Id fall a sleep thinking about the material. I liked them alot , good device for learning those little facts that eventually help out.

I do this also. I got the CD's about 2 months ago and I try to listen to them 30mins each night. I do not dream about the material though.:laugh:

It really helps because I read the review materials from Kaplan and TPR and then I listen to the CD's at night and they are just reinforcing what I just read.

I will listen to the tapes over again in Feb...and once again in March-April just before the exam week.

Members don't see this ad :)
One thing with myself and AO, is that I found that I cannot fully comprehend the audio unless I follow along by taking notes, or with the EK books.....I've tried to listen to them in the car, and I simply cannot follow.........

Originally posted by michmaki
One thing with myself and AO, is that I found that I cannot fully comprehend the audio unless I follow along by taking notes, or with the EK books.....I've tried to listen to them in the car, and I simply cannot follow.........

Yeah it is partly true. When they go over the physics and orgo/g.chem, I feel like getting a paper and writing/drawing out some of the stuff they are talking about.

I listen to them while lying down and doing NOTHING...I can't have my attention be divided.