EK Bio Inclass exam difficulty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbrons

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read in my EK bio book that the in-class exams "had all the easy questions removed" ... does this mean they only select difficult questions for the lecture exams? Are the representative of the real MCAT bio questions as far as difficulty or are they designed that way to push you towards developing a deeper understanding of the material?

Members don't see this ad.

They are nothing more than another tool to test what you've learned. They're pretty different to typical MCAT questions, but they do test if you understand what you've learned in the book and (based on their score) if you should go back and review some stuff.

I thought the EK 101 quizzes were fairly representative of the real exam. The intro says that they have removed most of the easy questions from these; but I found the real test to be about the same difficulty level, if not harder.
Bottom line is that these quizzes are great practice, so do them.

I thought the EK 101 quizzes were fairly representative of the real exam.

Did you mean EK 1001 Bio? The only EK 101 is for verbal. EK 101 Verbal I thought were in-line with the real test.

EK Bio 1001 was easier than the real thing and vital practice material. However, the EK Bio passages inside the content review books were not representative of the test I took. In general, they were harder. However, I took the test a little over a year ago. Regardless, as BlueElmo (I keep thinking it says BlueEmo) says, they are great practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you mean EK 1001 Bio? The only EK 101 is for verbal. EK 101 Verbal I thought were in-line with the real test.

EK Bio 1001 was easier than the real thing and vital practice material. However, the EK Bio passages inside the content review books were not representative of the test I took. In general, they were harder. However, I took the test a little over a year ago. Regardless, as BlueElmo (I keep thinking it says BlueEmo) says, they are great practice.

Thats what I mean, the tests within the book itself. Not the 1001 passages

I meant the 30-minute quizzes in the EK book. Sorry.
Yeah but I agree that 1001 passages are easier than the real thing.