Ek bio specifics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Dazzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is it to memorize the detailed diagrams and specifics in EK bio? For example, Krebs cycle in chap. 1

I know EK bio is good for a conceptual background. Generally are there any specific diagrams or processes in the book that should be memorized? I'm basically using it to skim through on the basic processes of each topic. That is all for my bio prep. Then some BR passages.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yea you should know every chart EK gives you cold. But more importantly, understand the concepts behind them.

For example, in Kreb's Cycle there is substrate phophorylation, but more importantly there is production of NADH and FADH2 to drive the chemiosmosis of the ETC. Molecular Biology is High Yield

I think EK makes it pretty clear what you need to memorize and what you need to "know".

Bolded stuff = memorize.

You don't need to memorize the Krebs cycle but you need to know what it's doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think EK makes it pretty clear what you need to memorize and what you need to "know".

Bolded stuff = memorize.

You don't need to memorize the Krebs cycle but you need to know what it's doing.

This. Also be sure to read the text at the sides of the pages, they sometime say what you need and don't need to know.

^ Yeah, the little cracker (Salty?) with the hands and big shoes says useful things.

Okay. I suppose i'll just follow their guidelines. But they are 2007 edition, so I wanted to make sure that my approach shouldn't change for the newer BS passages on recent MCATs.