EK books with Kaplan test materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echostation

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is this a good combination for the august MCAT... i'm studying 4 hours a day right now while doing research work...

exactly how good are kaplan MCAT practice tests? ARe AAMC practice ones they offer better to take??

I was thinking ordering the physics 1001 question EK book but wasn't sure if the Kaplan 1000 question bank online was just as good a resource?

in depth help would be appreciated kaanjis.

Members don't see this ad.

the Kaplan MCAT tests are good practice; the most recent AAMC tests are best (V & VI) -- bottom line: the more practice, the better b/c the MCAT is not just about regurgitating the info from undergrad science classes

you can get the AAMC tests directly from the AAMC if you want (and you could take them home)

the Kaplan MCAT tests are good to work on your strategy and timing - they're nice too b/c of all the explanations

Kaplan's 1000 questions are cool b/c you can set up your own quizzes by content, be timed, and keep track of how you do; i've heard the EK book has lots of questions too, but that the EK questions are good for subject review, not MCAT practice (they aren't MCAT-style = passage followed by questions)

hope this helps!