• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
Aug 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
How are you scoring on the EK exams? To those shooting for 515+ what do you consider a 'good' percentage? I looked at the compilation of real scores vs. practice tests but not too many people have reported EK scores

Shreyasthegreat

7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2011
Status
Medical Student
I believe 70% overall is seen as a good score for EK.

Reactions: bee17
About the Ads

Shreyasthegreat

7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2011
Status
Medical Student
what does a 70% generally correlate to? @Shreyasthegreat
What StudyLater said above. And in terms of percentiles, I've been using the following chart to guesstimate my scores. I forgot where I found it, but it's good.

Also, side note: I like to assume worst case scenario so I use the verbal scale for psych/soc

Attachments

Reactions: Dobechance
Mar 21, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Is it just me or are the EK FL harder than the AAMC FL? I took the EK FL 1 today and I found myself not knowing some of the Terms in the Psychological Section, even though I used The Princeton Review book for that section.

Reactions: StudyLater

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it just me or are the EK FL harder than the AAMC FL? I took the EK FL 1 today and I found myself not knowing some of the Terms in the Psychological Section, even though I used The Princeton Review book for that section.
Seems to be according to @Xenith 's thread.

Jul 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
i didn't feel like it was harder. I studied from khan academy and pretty much everything was familiar with ease. the only questions i got wrong were based on the reading material that I missed or misunderstood in the passage. Hence, improving critical thinking is the key for this exam when you have all the material covered and even if you don't, you can still get the correct answer by the process of elimination.

Reactions: StudyLater

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
i didn't feel like it was harder. I studied from khan academy and pretty much everything was familiar with ease. the only questions i got wrong were based on the reading material that I missed or misunderstood in the passage. Hence, improving critical thinking is the key for this exam when you have all the material covered and even if you don't, you can still get the correct answer by the process of elimination.
Seriously. I feel like a lot of the studying I did was sort of superfluous. I mean I memorized the most minute bull****. I do think those things are tested, but they make up maybe like 15-20% of the questions. It's so much more paying close attention to the passage and really analyzing the questions well.

That said, if you haven't studied a stitch wthout having some decent UG experience in this stuff you're screwed.

Jul 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Seriously. I feel like a lot of the studying I did was sort of superfluous. I mean I memorized the most minute bull****. I do think those things are tested, but they make up maybe like 15-20% of the questions. It's so much more paying close attention to the passage and really analyzing the questions well.

That said, if you haven't studied a stitch wthout having some decent UG experience in this stuff you're screwed.
I completely agree with you.

About the Ads