EK Home Study Plus Kaplan? TPR? EK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cellneuro23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently doing the EK home study program for the June MCAT. I took most of my pre-med courses about 4 years ago, so I would really like to take an MCAT course.

I've heard that EK is great, but I already have all of their material, so is it worth dropping nearly 2K to take their class? Also, I've heard very mixed reviews of TPR and Kaplan, so I have no idea which course I should take.

Could someone please help me? Share their experience? It'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing the EK home study program for the June MCAT. I took most of my pre-med courses about 4 years ago, so I would really like to take an MCAT course.

I've heard that EK is great, but I already have all of their material, so is it worth dropping nearly 2K to take their class? Also, I've heard very mixed reviews of TPR and Kaplan, so I have no idea which course I should take.

Could someone please help me? Share their experience? It'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Both TPR and Kaplan have their strengths and weaknesses. It also depends on your region. I suggest you search around this forum- there are tons of material on the TPR, Kaplan, TBR classes debate.

They are all good classes that will help (and not hurt). Research them and find what is best for you. At least in my area they are super receptive to phone calls and will answer any questions you have.

Hi everyone,

I would not recommend the EK classroom course. All you get is their manuals (which you already have) + 5 practice exams. Compare that to the TONS of practice items you get from Kaplan (19 FL) and TPR (17 FL) for the same price. Don't get me wrong, I love EK and I have all of their manuals but I am going to supplement them with a TPR class. Good luck!